Institution Login Sync Error?

I am unable to download transactions from my bank's checking account. (Downloading credit card and savings account transactions from the same bank account works fine.) I'm able to re-enter the login and password and link the accounts, but I keep getting the message "Institution Login Sync Error. We had a problem syncing this institution login: (null) Error code: BID = (null)."

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jdoniach

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

First, please provide the name of the financial institution that you are experiencing this trouble with. 

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud. 

1. Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services 

2. Click Reset

Once this has completed, please let me know if you still get the sync error. 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jdoniach

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

First, please provide the name of the financial institution that you are experiencing this trouble with. 

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud. 

1. Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services 

2. Click Reset

Once this has completed, please let me know if you still get the sync error. 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • jdoniach
    jdoniach Member ✭✭
    Thank you, this fixed the problem this time, although I'm not sure why, because I reset the Quicken cloud twice before in the preceding 24 hours and it was of no help. The bank is Alliant Credit Union.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jdoniach  There have been lots of complaints about Alliant, and from the research done by fellow Quicken users which you can read here, it seems Alliant is intentionally blocking users of personal finance software like Quicken at times to keep their servers from being too bogged down for users logged directly into their website. There's nothing Quicken can do when a financial institution limits or closes off logins for software applications. In this case, Alliant seems to be limiting  user access in an unusual way, forcing users to reset their software -- e.g. resetting your Quicken Cloud.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.