Quicken appears to only download most recent quarter's transactions from BMO

askom
askom Member
Quicken program(2017) only appears to download the most recent quarter's transactions and not by the dates defined so am unable to see the date range needed. Could you, please, help. Thank you

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    how are you downloading -  One Step Update - or manually from the bank and then Importing into Quicken ?
    What bank ?
    and just to clarify your version.....  Help --> About Quicken
    Normally, it is totally up to the bank as to what transactions are made avail to download - and 90 days is common.
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • askom
    askom Member
    hi, thank you. I download it manually through the bank. It gives me a range of transactions from December to April, however only downloads march, April. This means that it has nothing to do with the bank. It has something to do with quicken. Thank you
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    what Bank -
    what version -
    and what kind of file format are you downloading..... QFX or QIF or CSV  - and then Importing into Quicken ?
  • askom
    askom Member
    qfx into quicken
  • askom
    askom Member
    bank is bmo
  • askom
    askom Member
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    what does this answer mean?
  • askom
    askom Member
    oops, realized it is not the answer. lol
  • askom
    askom Member
    it shows dates from december to april, but i can only see march, april
  • askom
    askom Member
    it downloaded to another account. I tried it as a trial. but I need it in the other account, so it is definitely a quicken issue
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify - the EXACT name of the bank - is this the BMO name you have on your Quicken account ?
    Also - are you aware Quicken offers a download using Quicken One Step Update called - Express Web Connect
    your manual download & Import is called - Web Connect
    17614    17614    17614    BMO Harris Bank    https://www.bmoharris.com    (888) 340-2265    https://www1.bmoharris.com/www/#/login    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

• askom
    askom Member
    exact name is bank of montreal (canada)
    Also - are you aware Quicken offers a download using Quicken One Step Update called - Express Web Connect your manual download & Import is called - Web Connect - - - YES
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @[email protected] - If this was your first Web Connect download for your BMO account, during the import process Quicken should have prompted you to let it know whether you wanted a new account created for the data to be imported into or to select which account already in Quicken you wanted the data to be linked to and imported into.  It sounds to me like either Quicken set up a new account for the download or it was linked to the wrong account in Quicken.  If this is what happened, you might want to do the following to correct the issue:
    Make a backup of your data file in case something goes wrong.
    If the import process created a new Account in Quicken that you do not want:  Go to Account Details for that account and click on Delete to delete it.
    If the data was imported into the wrong Account but you want to keep that Account: 
    1. Go to the Online Services tab of Account Details for that Account and click on "Deactivate". 
    2. Go to the General tab of Account Details, remove the Financial Institution information in the upper right quadrant.  This will then cause Quicken to prompt you during the next download to select the account you want to link it to instead of automatically importing it into this account, again.
    3. Go to the Register and delete the downloaded transactions you do not want there.
    Then go to your bank and try downloading, again, making sure during the import process that you select the correct Account in Quicken to link it to.  Once the link has been established you should not need to link it, again.
    Then let us know if everything downloaded properly and if the full 4 months of data were downloaded.   (Note:  Banks often limit the amount of data that can be downloaded at one time.  Limiting it to only 2 months of data would be a bit unusual but would not be unheard of.  I work with one bank that allows only 1 month of data to be downloaded at a time.  So, if BMO only allows 2 months of data to be downloaded at a time, then you will probably need to get your 4 months of data in two separate downloads.)
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    askom said: exact name is bank of montreal (canada)
    So....
    is this the BMO bank you mentioned above or is it now - Bank of Montreal -
    weird that they appear to be the same parent of BMO ?
    Are you in Canada using the Canada version of Quicken ?
    This - Bank of Montreal - as listed, does not appear to support the website downloading you are actually performing ?
    21087    21087    21087    Bank of Montreal    http://www.bmo.com/    1-877-225-5266    https://www23.bmo.com/ctpauth/CTPEAILogin/CustUserPasswordAuthServlet?TAM_OP=login&ERROR_CODE=0x00000000&URL=/en&HOSTNAME=www23.bmo.com&AUTHNLEVEL=&PROTOCOL=https    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 
    I'm confused on the various tidbits of different information.... so I'll let others comment further on the tangled web -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    askom said:
    hi, thank you. I download it manually through the bank. It gives me a range of transactions from December to April, however only downloads march, April. This means that it has nothing to do with the bank. It has something to do with quicken. Thank you
    I would edit the QFX file and see if the earlier transactions are actually there.  My bet is they aren't.
    I have seen this before, the financial institution allows you to put in basically any date range, but they only make a certain period of data available (like a quarter).

Look for the <DTPOSTED> field.  The date will be in the format like this:

This is 2011-10-13 11:20:00.000
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • askom
    askom Member
    Hi, thank you. It is actually there as I tried to download it into another file. Unfortunately the data is there but does not seem to show in quicken file
  • askom
    askom Member
    It does support it, it is just with this particular account for these particular transactions . Other transactions are in order and have been downloaded correctly
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK then that narrows it down to either you have previously downloaded the transactions and deleted them, or some kind of corruption in the account.

For the first case once you import the transactions Quicken remembers the unique Ids and will not import them again (into the same account), to prevent duplicate transactions, even if you delete them.

The second case is for some reason Quicken storage of those unique Ids is corrupted and it thinks they have been already downloaded.

There is a couple ways how you can handle such problems.
    1. Edit the QFX file to change all the <FITID> fields to something different.  One way to do that would be just to change all the <FITID> to <FITID>a, which will put an a in front of all the Ids.  If this is truly a corruption problem I wouldn't expect this to work.
    2. Deactivate that account for downloading, import the QFX file into another account and use this method to move the missing transactions to the other account.  Just in case of corruption I would probably move transactions from the old account to the new one.  You can do that using this procedure: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/