It's time to renew the annual subscription [Edited]

Yup, it's that time to see last year's introductory price go up by 50% or more.
The quicken app has a reminder up top to renew, and that takes me to a link for renewing my Deluxe for $52.
If I go to the quicken webpage, I can get the same Deluxe with a 10% discount, which I'd rather like to apply, obviously.
When I do the second option, how will I incorporate/use the new activation code?
And, more importantly, will I lose data or will quicken have some quirky and annoying disconnect of my data?

THanks

Answers

• Dennis@1
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    Shop around. I found Quicken Deluxe online at Staples $20 off. Amazon has it on sale occasionally also. You just put in the code number and it extends your subscription date. No impact on function or data.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that when you see a discount on Quicken.com it is almost always only for new users.  So you might find that when you get to the "check out" that the 10% vanishes.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Shop around. I found Quicken Deluxe online at Staples $20 off. Amazon has it on sale occasionally also. You just put in the code number and it extends your subscription date. No impact on function or data.
    Thanks Dennis. I found it cheaper at Staples, but that is the DVD version. I guess that I don't care about the DVD, but only the activation code, right?
    Chris_QPW said:
    Note that when you see a discount on Quicken.com it is almost always only for new users.  So you might find that when you get to the "check out" that the 10% vanishes.
    Yup, you are correct sir. I tried to get the awesome $31 offer, but as soon as I signed in, the review page took me to the "You already use us, and we don't offer you discounts" page, raising the price back to $51. It's ridiculous.
  • Dennis@1
    Yep, that's all you need is the activation code that comes with it.
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Yep, that's all you need is the activation code that comes with it.
    Hey Dennis
    That April 30th date is approaching, and I remain unsure as to how to proceed. Let's say that I buy that Staples version, or from wherever. How and where would I enter that activation code? In the Quicken app, I'm, constantly reminded to update my payment method, so I don't have other options.
    Would I have to log in to my quicken account on a browser, and enter that activation code somewhere??
    Thank you
  • Dennis@1
    edited April 23
    Yes, in the Quicken app go to the help menu and select "Enter Activation Code".
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, in the Quicken app go to the help menu and select "Enter Activation Code".
    thanks again
    Have you done this Dennis? I keep seeing in the description of the downloads, For new subscribers only.
  • Dennis@1
    Yes, I purchased the Quicken Deluxe with CD edition from Staples. Inside is an activation code also. Simply enter the code into the Quicken app.

• Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I purchased the Quicken Deluxe with CD edition from Staples. Inside is an activation code also. Simply enter the code into the Quicken app.

thanks Dennis. I hate to doubt you, but did that work for you perfectly without loosing your data or anything?
    Why do I think that the app will detect that I'm an existing user, and will reject that code from a new purchase?
    That happened when I attempted to buy it from Q online for the $34.99. As soon as I logged in, it only gave me the $51 option for deluxe, which is what I've seen all along.
  • Dennis@1
    Nalgas said:

thanks Dennis. I hate to doubt you, but did that work for you perfectly without loosing your data or anything?
    Why do I think that the app will detect that I'm an existing user, and will reject that code from a new purchase?
    That happened when I attempted to buy it from Q online for the $34.99. As soon as I logged in, it only gave me the $51 option for deluxe, which is what I've seen all along.
    Then don't buy it from Q online. It worked perfectly the way I did it.
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Nalgas said:

Then don't buy it from Q online. It worked perfectly the way I did it.
    thanks again Dennis
    Apparently Staples and OfficeD have caught on, and their price is now $51.99, the same as renewing through Quicken directly. So, I waited too long. Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.