Error 501 Synchrony Bank

I am continuously getting error 501 with Synchrony Bank. I am unable to download transactions for my bank account with them

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bumrocky

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I would recommend waiting 24 hours to see if this error resolves itself. If the error does not resolve itself, this error will require contact to support to review the log files and possible escalation to resolve

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let them know how long you have been receiving this error. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • bumrocky
    bumrocky Member
    I have been receiving this error for about 2 weeks now. Also, your link to "talk to support" only reloads the support page and does not connect to a support person. It just sends me back to the main support page.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bumrocky

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that you are unable to connect with support.

If you are attempting to contact Quicken Care via chat, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

You will need to allow pop-ups to use the Talk to Support Button.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mrgdtv
    mrgdtv Member
    Ditto. Having the same problem updating Synchrony transactions in Quicken. Tried several times during the day to no avail. Error code: CC-501
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @mrgdtv

We are currently seeing issues with Synchrony bank having 501 errors when trying to update the account. I'd recommend following the post down below so that you're able to receive any updates. You can do so by going next to the title and clicking the small ribbon to the right.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891382/ongoing-4-12-21-synchrony-bank-associated-cards-return-cc-501-101-error#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • donper
    donper Member
    For the past six weeks I too have gotten the CC-501 error notice when doing an update, but oddly, transactions are being downloaded accurately. Don't know why Quicken keeps giving the error even though it is downloading transactions.
  • TI Sailer
    TI Sailer Member
    In the past I've often found I could deactivate & then reactivate an account like Synchrony and stop the errors. I did this and now Quicken can't find my accounts at Synchrony Savings. I think it may have something to do with having to pick the correct path at login, either Synchrony Savings or Synchrony Credit Card. That seems new to me on the Synchrony login page. Just wonderin'....
  • BRies
    BRies Member
    :s This issue has obviously been going on for over 2 months. What is the problem with getting this fixed?????
  • Charlie M
    Charlie M Member
    This may sound screwy, but, when I tried to deactivate and reset, transactions were downloaded, BUT, THE ACTUAL WITHDRAWAL TRANSACTIONS ADDED TO THE ACCOUNT RATHER SUBTRACT FROM ACCOUNT. Had to use prior backup to get back to normal. Have been downloading directly from the CU to Quicken until this issue is corrected.