Auto transactions not being entered

I've noticed a number of Bill Reminders set to Auto-Enter are being skipped without me asking to skip them. When I download transactions and expect to see these automatic payments set to "Match", they are all "New". When I check the Bill Reminders list, I see that they are set to the next month's date without having been entered into my register. I verified that the correct accounts are being used and created a Report to ensure they aren't misplaced with incorrect dates, etc., but they just aren't being entered.

When I first noticed this, I changed the status from "Auto" to "Remind me 3 days ahead", and they are still being skipped.

Answers

  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these reminders recurring monthly, every 1 month?
    When these reminders are set to Auto-enter, how many days in advance are you auto-entering them?
    If the number is 28 or greater, there appears to be some issue which may make it impossible for Quicken to correctly enter a reminder more than 1 month ahead of time. For me, this was especially noticeable in February, a short month.
    My recommendation is to use a number less than 28, to avoid "skipped".
  • JosephLuszcz
    JosephLuszcz Member
    Thanks for your answer, but this was not the case with my issue. I generally use the default 3 days in advance of the due date.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

    Still not working?

    Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

     

  • JosephLuszcz
    JosephLuszcz Member
    I performed all the steps in the referenced document and fixed a number of problems found after the first Validation. The supervalidation logfile contained only the message "Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.", but comparing the original and final category lists (exported to files) didn't indicate any removed categories.

    I'll use the validated version of the Quicken file and see if the reminder entry problem is resolved moving forward.
This discussion has been closed.