qfx import does nothing

manually downloading a qfx file for american express. Try to import, nothing gets imported, and no error of any kind. VERY frustrated.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you certain the QFX file contains transactions with FITIDs that have not been previously imported into the register?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    To test Sherlock's question, edit the QFX file with Notepad and add an "A" to the end of ONLY one of the FITID values in the file.
    Then import that file again and see if the modified transaction is imported.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • nobody102
    nobody102 Member ✭✭
    @Sherlock . Yes I am certain it was not previously imported. Will try test
  • nobody102
    nobody102 Member ✭✭
    @splasher - ran a test with modified value and still nothing
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody102 said:
    @Sherlock . Yes I am certain it was not previously imported. Will try test
    I suggest you attempt to import the QFX into a new temporary Quicken file: select File > New Quicken File...

If successful, I suggest you attempt to import the QFX file into a new register in the original Quicken file.  You should save a backup first (press Ctrl + B), deactivate the Online Services of the original register and clear the financial institution's name on the General tab of the Account Details window: open the original register and press Ctrl + Shift + E

If successful, you may consider moving the transactions from the original register to the new register, etc...:  FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?