Oddnesses with Chase Credit Cards

Been expecting this months bill for one of my Chase accounts. Tonight, after OSU got a "Needs Attention" for that Chase online bill saying account is locked. It is not.

Hit "try again" asked for my login and password for Chase, then did two step authorization. Got authentication in progress which lasted about 10 minutes. Finally Biller Added, Awaiting Next Bill. A "Try Again" there got the Chase Online Bill back into its normal position in online bills, but did not scrape the current bill.

Any idea what is going on and why this happens? It has happened before and I have had to delete all Chase online bills and re-add to get straight. Not sure where I sit at the moment. I should be getting a bill in the next 3 or 4 days at worst. If not, might have to try the dreaded Refresh Biller.

This seems to happen most often with Chase and Citi perhaps second.

UPDATE: Just did another OSU before sending this and my second Chase account which has a bill due and scheduled to be paid and in my register for 4/20 came up. I had to mark it as paid. The real due bil did not come up. Will try again tomorrow.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Our teams have discovered and are aware of the multi-authorization request issue that users are experiencing with Chase billers.

They have opened an escalation ticket and are working with Chase to understand more, though we do not have more information nor an ETA available on it yet. For now, we advise leaving Chase online biller alone until we have more information available to share and work towards a solution.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    DId exactly the same today. Once again claimed locked and is not./ Once again had two step verification and a 10 minute authentication. Then again having to Try Again to get the last warning cleared. Should be a new bill but there is not.

Closed Quicken and new OSU:  Once again the already paid bill came up as due and needed to be marked PAID and the new bill did not appear.

Something is wrong. Aggregator?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Third day and exact;y the same. Came up again after OSU as locked, went through all the steps to "appear" to be back to normal.

Very frustrating. @Quicken Sarah or @Quicken Anja any help on this one? Not sure what else I can try.

Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And again as before, an OSU brings up a Chase bill due tomorrow that has been scheduled to be paid. Each time I select "Mark as Paid". And then the next day go through all of this again. Am I better to select "Skip this One"? Then wait for the other due bill I have not yet seen.

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Bob.,

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried Validating Online billers yet? If not, I suggest starting there by navigating to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Anja!

I have tried. I get the biller missing on server BUT if you have just added and are awaiting bill, etc....message. I fact I have just added wit these corrections.

Since then, one bill came in of two as I mentioned. It was the one paid and should have cleared today. And I have not (yet?) seen the account locked today. So will wait until the evening, update bills before an OSU and if not seeing a new bill try validate and let you know.

• Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

Check back and let us know if you get the account locked message again, and I will go ahead and perform an internal refresh and see if that will kick it through and prevent the message from resurfacing! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi again Anja.

Some good news. Today I was not locked out and Validate showed all bills validated. I did NOT get my expected bill generated on 4/12 and normally brought into quicken within 4 days. Now 8. I'll wait a bit longer. If you see anything in my normal account., please let me know. But hopefully the locked out glitch is gone. I'll check again tomorrow.

~Bob
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And once again I am NOT locked out, so hopefully that glitch is gone. But the bill is also not presented. My thoughts are to wait one more day then Refresh Biller, though I have been told from advanced support that can sometimes cause more issues then it solves so always a bit gun shy to try that. But no other options.

I can wait longer, but would like the bill scheduled in plenty of time from my bank.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Quicken_Anja,

Locked out again this morning, but slightly different. Required two step authentication, then grabbed my bills and linked them without a "try again" or any other intervention on my part. Did not have to make a paid bill as PAID. Al lbillers passed validation.

So in this case it was more simple. Not sure if this is a Quicken issue, Aggregator or Chase. Would be nice if this can be followed up on. Also nice to know if just me and then why would that be?

Appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

~Bob
  • mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Quicken reports either or both of my Chase accounts as locked daily. I keep resetting them with the verifications from text or email which fixes it but the next day it does the same.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    mrpaley1 said:
    Same issue here. Quicken reports either or both of my Chase accounts as locked daily. I keep resetting them with the verifications from text or email which fixes it but the next day it does the same.
    Thanks so much for replying! In a strange way, its good to know I am not the only one. Hopefully the fact there are at least two of us helps to get a bit of attention to fix it.

Are you able to get your online bills from Chase? I am unsure if that is working or not. One card closes tomorrow, so will know for sure by end of next week.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    I am having to reset Chase every few days. Only started happening recently.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Good to know its affecting more of us and hopefully Quicken will be reading and enlist support to find the fix.
  • mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > Thanks so much for replying! In a strange way, its good to know I am not the only one. Hopefully the fact there are at least two of us helps to get a bit of attention to fix it.
    >
    > Are you able to get your online bills from Chase? I am unsure if that is working or not. One card closes tomorrow, so will know for sure by end of next week.

Hey Bob, Likewise. Thanks for starting the thread.

The Chase Freedom Visa and Amazon Chase Visa I reauthorized today each have three of the latest bills downloaded.

Yes, hopefully they can fix this soon.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Locked out again tonight after a few days of no issues. Did the two step and then it picked up the currently due bill. So a little progress. But getting old having to be locked out and re-validating every few days.

FWIW, going on 3 months since Blueshield was able to scrape a bill. And I might still be having issues with AT&T Mobility. Will need to see mid May.

I have never had a month where all of my Online Billers worked. In subscription Quicken at least.

Fingers crossed it gets better.
  • mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    edited April 25
    > @Bob. said:
    > Locked out again tonight after a few days of no issues. Did the two step and then it picked up the currently due bill. So a little progress. But getting old having to be locked out and re-validating every few days.
    >
    > FWIW, going on 3 months since Blueshield was able to scrape a bill. And I might still be having issues with AT&T Mobility. Will need to see mid May.
    >
    > I have never had a month where all of my Online Billers worked. In subscription Quicken at least.
    >
    > Fingers crossed it gets better.

Same here. Locked out this morning from both.

I have also observed similar unreliability with the online billers for sure. Sometimes a particular bill needs a manual refresh. Others don't update. One isn't even exact. I've others quit updating altogether.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    Hi again @Quicken_Anja,

The bad news, locked out again today.

The good news, Quicken downloads the bills and KNOWS they have been paid and does not duplicate them creating havoc. I have had that happen, so at least this is more clean than other Online Bill issues.

Can you get this escalated perhaps now that we know it is not just me?

Thanks so much.

• mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > Hi again @Quicken_Anja,
    >
    > The bad news, locked out again today.
    >
    > The good news, Quicken downloads the bills and KNOWS they have been paid and does not duplicate them creating havoc. I have had that happen, so at least this is more clean than other Online Bill issues.
    >
    > Can you get this escalated perhaps now that we know it is not just me?
    >
    > Thanks so much.

Locked out of both today as well.. Restored with the old routine of entering the user name, password & emailed/texted code..
  • SBM
    SBM Member ✭✭
    Same issue. I am repeatedly being locked out of Chase bills and have to reset and get code.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Locked out again this morning. Took about 20 minutes to sync and download bills and I have get 700 MBPS download speed, so not me as the roadblock. A little messier today as had to do try again after authentication.

Can this please get attention with the developer's? IT has to be either Quicken or aggregator (more likely) not retaining credentials or Chase itself I would think.

Would be appreciated to put this one to bed.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And locked out yet again. 10 minutes to authenticate. Bills wonky until the next OSU. One bill paid showing as due.

In essence, getting worse and no sign Quicken has this in their sights.
  • SBM
    SBM Member ✭✭
    Locked out again and had to authenticate again.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    This time messier for me. Lost the link to reminder, but showed as a linked bill, not manual. When relinked lost the history.

Would be really nice to get this one fixed. appreciate others posting so @Quicken knows it is not just me.
  • mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 1
    I continue to get locked of either of my two Chase accounts or both practically every day according to the Bills area. It happened this morning. When will this be resolved?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And me as well again today. And takes maybe 10 minutes to authenticate and get bills, then shows "biller added - waiting for next bill". I try again, it gets an already paid bill and it is no longer linked to the reminder.

So broken....
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with Chase. It requires me to enter my login credentials after performing a One Step Update. It complains that the account is locked.
    Quicken Premier R33.24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    USA
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Getting worse. Now it shows "Link to reminder". I do, just as always and go through the familiar dialogs. But it does not link. The menu still shows Link to Reminder no matter how many times I do it. That's for one of two cards. The one I had to tell was already paid previously. I fear that at some time I am going to have to delete Chase, delete reminders and restart which I loathe doing. This is so fragile.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Learned something interesting. When this happens (locked out), if a bill has been paid but the due date is not yet passed, then I cannot link the bill to a reminder UNTIL I mark the bill as paid. Then the link works, the account changes from a generic Chase account to the name given in the reminder and it sticks. So at least that part seems to be worked out for me. Now hopefully Chase will stop locking me out. Was OK this morning. But does not seem to happen every day.
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭
    I also have received multiple lockouts over the last week or so with my Chase Card. What's weird, only the biller is giving me fits. The Express Web Connect never gets locked out. I also seem to think this is some kind of erroneous message as I had been re-entering the login and password when it happens, but today I simply refreshed the bill and the locked message went away.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, at least 6 of us and likely more that never come to the Forums, yet nothing under Alerts or Known Issues. :(