Net Worth

Options
L. Shaddix
L. Shaddix Member ✭✭
In the Accounts column, the Net Worth total is correct.

In the Property and Debt window, Net Worth total does not match the Accounts column Net Worth total.

One account is the problem. Its total is properly displayed in the Accounts column, but in the Property and Debt Net Worth graph, the total of the account is not accurate.

I audited the account and could not find an error.

Please advise.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How big is the "miss"?  I've noticed penny-level differences from time to time which I've attributed - rightly or wrongly - to slightly different Market Value calculations in investment Accounts.
  • L. Shaddix
    L. Shaddix Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response.

It is a $40K difference, yet the reports show the correct total for the account. A bottoms up audit did not identify the problem.

Yes, I do experience differences of Penney’s, but attribute it to rounding calculations.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know why this is, but reports that you run from the various "dashboards" sometimes are simply WRONG even though the name(s) used in the dashboard strongly suggests that you should be seeing exactly what you'd see if you clicked on Reports > Net Worth & Balances and then selected either the Net Worth report or the Account Balances report.
    I don't think I've ever created reports available under the Property & Debt tab but did so just now.  The Net Worth shown on the graph as of today agreed to the penny to the Account Bar total and the "Net Worth Summary Report" was off by 4 cents.  But I was getting no "Net Worth" number showing up in the "Net Worth by Account Type" area - though the bars were there - and the "Account Balances Report" wasn't agreeing to the Account Bar total.  I scanned the Investment Accounts and several of them were just "off" from the Account Bar numbers, which I didn't investigate.
    These things just seem to be buggy for some reason.
  • TStarling
    TStarling Member
    Options
    I have noticed this error within the last few weeks as well. When looking at Net Worth in the Property & Debt tab, It is including "spending" as a category that should not be included. The Accounts column on the left is correct but it is off by a huge amount under Property & Debt.

Looking closer, it appears to be an issue with two checking accounts in particular.

I had a ticket opened with Quicken weeks ago but it is still an issue to this day. Never had this issue before.
This discussion has been closed.