Online Payee List Previous Transaction Amount Zero

Recently Quicken has only filled in the previous transaction amount as zero dollars when I use the "USE" function in the Online Payee List. This used to fill in the amount of the previous transaction. I had this problem a few years ago and support told me to delete a table which had filled up to fix this...but I don't remember the fix. Any ideas appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Art Masson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Quicken Tyka. No, this didn't solve the problem. The validate function found no errors except for a few non-related stock errors. I've closed Quicken and restarted and have the same problem. If it helps, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042.928; and Quicken R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12.

I've attached a couple files. 1) part of the Data log which shows no errors, 2) Example of a report on a payee (Duke Energy) which shows the last posted transaction of $188.70 amount, and 3) Example of the USE function which fills in zero value in the payment field instead of $188. 70.

Any additional ideas appreciated, I do remember getting Quicken support advice to delete an internal table to fix this a couple years ago when I first had this problem, but don't remember the fix. It appears that some table used to populate the USE function payment amount is no longer able to hold the last transaction actual amounts, resulting in zero dollars as the proposed payment instead of the last actual amount.

Thanks!
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Tyka -- One more thing I've tried...This is my preferences set up for Quick fill. I've tried unchecking and re-checking the "complete fields using previous entries" and "recall memorized payees..." fields. No change in the USE function populating the payment always as zero...for any payee..
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka -- Should I log this as a problem with Quicken?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Art Masson

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for the delay. In attempting to recreate this issue, I see that when I select the "Use" option the amount is set to $0.

However, once I send a payment from the online center, I am presented with the last amount used moving forward. To clarify are you seeing this issue after you have scheduled payment for the same payee?

If you navigate to Tools > Memorized Payee List is there a listing for the payee in question? Please let me know what you find so I can isolate the cause of this issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 22
    Hi Quicken_Tyka.

Yes, that is how it's supposed to work and how it USED to work until a month or so ago. Now when I use the "USE" function for ANY payee, I always get zero for the payment amount. This is true for any payee and even if I make and send a new payment transaction the USE function continues to fill in zero. I do suspect an internal table has filled up. My data file is quite large (199,604 KB) and this is the 2nd time I've encountered this problem...previously I had to delete a table (but don't recall how I did that per direction from Quicken support) to get this to start working properly again. But after that "fix" the application only picked up the previous payment amount for newly created transactions (the history was lost).

I've enclosed the following per you suggestions to help the troubleshooting. File one shows a payee (Freeman Gas) in the Memorized Payee List with the last transaction amount. File two show what I get when I run a report withing the Online Payee list which properly shows all transactions to Freeman Gas. File three shows the result of involving the "USE" function in the Online Payee List for Freeman Gas with zero suggested payment value. Interesting that the Online Payee list shows the last payment as $90.01, but the report shows the last payment as $90.02 !! ==> I can't explain that!

Looking forward to your further suggestions!

Art Masson
    [phone removed - privacy]
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Still looking for a solution...!!!