Share balance of Fidelity fund disappeared

Sometime between 1/29/21 and 2/26/21 my share balance in one account of fidelity's Government Money Market Fund disappeared. the next transaction (dividend reinvestment) restarted the balance at 0.1 shares. WHAT HAPPENED and how do I fix it?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Hello @LoriV

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response and for any frustration that this issue has caused. 

I would review a previous statement for the account to locate the missing transactions(s) to enter them in the account to correct the discrepancy.

As for the cause of this, how long have you been experiencing this issue? Did you recall any changes such as an update prior to this issue occurring? The more information you can provide the better able to isolate the issue. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Hi @LoriV .  That fund's ticker is SPAXX, right?  Is it also designated as your Core Position (also referred to on Fidelity.com as Core Account) for holding the Cash balance in the account?  SPAXX is Fidelity's default Core Position MMF but there are a few others that can optionally be designated as such.  If you are not sure, go to your online account at Fidelity.com and click on the Positions tab.  The 1st security shown there should be your Core Position and it will have two asterisks after the ticker.  In this case, if SPAXX is your Core Position it will be shown there as SPAXX**.
    Assuming I am correct, then you should be showing no holdings of SPAXX in Quicken for this investment account.  If your account did show holdings of the Core Position MMF but no longer does, then I suspect Quicken entered one or more Placeholders into your investment account register making it look like your share holdings disappeared.  These Placeholders will need to be resolved as the first step.
    If SPAXX is your Core Position then you might want to read through Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund to see what can and should be done to get your account in Quicken to match up correctly with what Fidelity is reporting to Quicken during downloads.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)