Can't use Bills and Income, Bills & Can't Delete billers.

There are bill processing for March 22 showing. Get an error message when I try to cancel. I tried to remove and reinstall the biller but get another error message showing Quicken can't remove billers with pending transactions.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @OldB1CanOldB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, I suggest you try Validating Online billers. First, save a backup (just in case), then, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if it will allow you to remove the biller.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • OldB1CanOldB
    OldB1CanOldB Member ✭✭
    Here is the error message I get: "6 local bills missing from server have been unlinked (it names the bills here in parentheses).
  • OldB1CanOldB
    OldB1CanOldB Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Premier Version R32.12 Build: 27.1.32.12. I'm so frustrated with the software that I am about to delete everything and start from scratch!
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    > @OldB1CanOldB said:
    > There are bill processing for March 22 showing. Get an error message when I try to cancel. I tried to remove and reinstall the biller but get another error message showing Quicken can't remove billers with pending transactions.

I had the exact same problem! Never got a single bill paid through the service. No one at support was able to help. Had to cancel Bill Manager because it was useless. Still billed for the month though. Total waste of money. I spent days trying to fix it and feeling a bit rough about it.
  • OldB1CanOldB
    OldB1CanOldB Member ✭✭
    > @"[email protected]" said:
    > > @OldB1CanOldB said:
    > > There are bill processing for March 22 showing. Get an error message when I try to cancel. I tried to remove and reinstall the biller but get another error message showing Quicken can't remove billers with pending transactions.
    >
    > I had the exact same problem! Never got a single bill paid through the service. No one at support was able to help. Had to cancel Bill Manager because it was useless. Still billed for the month though. Total waste of money. I spent days trying to fix it and feeling a bit rough about it.

So sorry to hear that someone's software is suffering the same issue as mine. After receiving NO help at all, I finally decided to delete everything "Quicken" from my computer and start anew. I backed up everything and saved the information on a thumbnail drive. After reinstalling Quicken and going through the painstaking process of adding ALL of my financial information and accounts (AGAIN), I was finally able to get Bill Manager working. I added the "old" information that I had backed up before doing a complete uninstall then re-install Quicken, back to the software. It is listed as a separate account. I am slowly copying and pasting the old information into my new Quicken account since most information kept by banks and creditors is limited by dates in terms of electronically downloaded information. Anyway, I decided that I will NEVER seek help from Quicken or this "Community" again. I'll read every bit of accessible information, on and offline, and will check youtube for help. Once another company comes out with software comparable to that of Quicken, I'm outta-here!
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited April 29
    > @OldB1CanOldB said:
    > > @[email protected] said:
    > > > @OldB1CanOldB said: Once another company comes out with software comparable to that of Quicken, I'm outta-here!

Sounds like you're feeling as rough about this as me ;-) Only difference I guess is that I'm new to Quicken and keep thinking I'm making user errors. [removed - no soliciting]
  • OldB1CanOldB
    OldB1CanOldB Member ✭✭
    I think that I am, @[email protected].org. It literally takes hours to set up accounts in Quicken so, for it to only take a fraction of a second for Quicken to screw something up is totally unacceptable. Add to that, the fact that Quicken's customer service and "Community" help options are useless makes the product useless. Trust me when I say, I looked at several options/alternatives to Quicken before I decided to totally uninstall the program from my computer then start over from scratch. At this time, Quicken is the best there is for my particular needs. There are several programs that are slowly overtaking Quicken. Once that happens, if Quicken hasn't improved (I've been using Quicken forever, its customer service and help have never changed) when another company reaches compatibility with Quicken and the features it offers, I will gladly move to the other company. For now, I'm compelled to read every bit of information Quicken has available on using its software and hope for the best. Aside from being able to communicate with someone else in this community who understands what I'm going through with Quicken (you), this Community, Quicken's online videos and help, and its in-software help have all been a joke! Well, neither I nor the money I pay for Quicken are laughing anymore!