Quicken Crashes When I click on Planning tab. Has been happenning for a few months now.

My install: Quicken Premier Version R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12 on Windows 10
I have tried the following troubleshooting steps suggested in this forum:
1. Copy file>verify Copy> open Copy---- still crashed on Planning tab
2. Re-install Quicken. Try original file and the Verified Copy from above step. Both files crashed Quicken when click on Planning
3. Go to the oldest back up (5 months ago). Still crashes on Planning Tab. (As said, this problem has been happening for a few months and I don't have backup older than that

Now what? I have a large file built up since 1996, will be very labor intensive to recreate it. Haven't had any other issues with this file. Ever.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of points regarding your issue. Just to be clear, the file copy you must use is File>File Operations>Copy. This rebuilds the data file, the other is just a Windows duplication. In your situation, I would use the Quicken uninstaller to clear ALL remnants of the prior installation (this does not remove your data files). The uninstaller is available from this link.

Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows

Lastly, try running a Super Validate that goes a bit more in-depth data recovery. Hold Shft-Ctrl while running Validate. 
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • vijay
    vijay Member
    Yes the File Copy I made above is thru Quicken File Operations, not a copy made in Windows.

Let me try Super Validate on the File Copy and report back.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already,  suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

The default view on the Planning tab is Budgets.  The implication is there is some corruption in the default budget view causing Quicken to crash.  Were you using the budget functionality?

You may be able to successfully access the other functionality provided on the Planning tab by selecting the classic Planning menu: check View > Classic Menus