Balance in Checking Account is Hosed, $140,000 Discrepancy Between Ending and Online Balances

Windows 10, Quicken Premier 2021

Riddle me this Batman:

My checking account says this:
Online Balance: $10,000 Ending Balance: $150,000

So, that's a $140,000 discrepancy. When I try to reconcile the account, I see those same values but I do not see any errant, reconciled entries. This just happened as I was trying to re-establish connectivity to my E*Trade accounts. Quicken is doing something.

I download the QFX file for that same checking account and verified that the QFX file is saying my ending balance is $10,000. I can't figure out how Quicken boosted my fat stacks . . .

Answers

• James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    I rolled back to a Quicken backup from yesterday. I won't lose too much work. And I see what happened.

So, in my good file, in 2011 for some reason I no longer remember, I have a negative starting balance for this checking account that's approximately -$140,000. Somehow, while I was trying to reset my connect to E*Trade, quicken dropped that entry and hence my ending balance was too high.

I have no idea what all is going on here, I just wish the connection to my E*Trade Bank would work properly.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @James J

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    There is an awful lot of personal information in that Quicken ledger. Sharing the screen is a big deal. I appreciate the offer of assistance though.