Why won't my cleared transactions stay cleared?

I start my day doing a one step update on 20+ accounts, then have to look at the online balance and manually clear again the old previously cleared transactions. I have multiple accounts that I repeatedly manually clear daily because every time I open up the account I frequently see the same transactions no longer cleared but also different ones. It happens in multiple bank accounts (BofA) and my Discover card. My QDF file resides in a document folder named Documents/Quicken. This has been going on for months. I do sync to the cloud. I do not do paper reconciliations. I have backed up the account in the hope that that would somehow 'lock' the cleared transactions in but that has no affect.
Windows Home, Business & Rental Property on Windows 10
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• Jami Godshall
    Jami Godshall Member
    I have the mobile app but I don't really use it.
    I followed both sets of instructions. First I did the Reset Sync and again, the transactions uncleared themselves.
    So I tried to just turn off Sync to Cloud. Then I made sure the transactions were cleared properly. Then I did a One Step Update. Right now everything is up to date. I'll reach back out tomorrow.
    Thanks.