Principal payments to loan randomly changed to [Undisclosed Account]

I pulled a net worth report and discovered paid off loan accounts (old auto loans and mortgage) still showed balances owed on them. I never noticed before because they were marked as closed and hidden when they were paid off and had a balance of zero. Upon further investigating I discovered principal payments were missing from the loans, and when I looked to the linked transaction splits the principal payments had randomly changed from the specific loan account to [Undisclosed Account]. What is going on with this? The payment from account is with USAA and the loans were with multiple other banks. Is anyone else having problems with this? I noticed it on a current car note a few months ago and went back and changed them back to the correct loan account, but have now realized it has affected other accounts.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @NavyWife31

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

May I ask that you please take a moment to review the steps and information available here and confirm the location of the data file? Is the file stored on the hard drive or the cloud drive?

Storing the file in a cloud drive may cause the issues you have described if the file is located on the hard drive.

Please let us know!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NavyWife31
    NavyWife31 Member
    Thank you for the response. I am running version R32.12. The file is on the C drive, but I've noticed when I use the one-step update sync to Quicken cloud is checked now. Could that be what is causing the issue? I prefer to have the file on my hard drive, backed up to my external drive, and not use the cloud.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @NavyWife31

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Syncing to the cloud is used for mobile and web applications. As you test, you may uncheck the sync to the cloud to see if this improves the behavior.

May I also ask if the account having trouble is selected to sync? Open Quicken and click the Mobile & Web tab.

How to Change Alert Settings and Accounts Synced to Quicken Mobile

Click the Gear icon in the Accounts enabled on the mobile section header.

How to Change Alert Settings and Accounts Synced to Quicken Mobile

If you find the loan account listed, please uncheck the account for sync to see this prevents the transactions from being removed.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~