Same as others, Quicken 2010 dosen't remember last file opens. It starts up like first time user

every time I start quicken. I've tried all suggestions. Just does it on one computer. Using Windows 10 on both computers.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Where is your Q data file stored? Start with the drive letter and please provide the complete path and file name.
    When you have Q open, and click FILE, what shows at the bottom of that dialog ... above the word EXIT?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2010 maintains the list of the most recently accessed files in the QUSER.INI within the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken folder.

If you aren't already, I suggest using short (8.3) names for the Quicken file.  The use of spaces and punctuation have been known to be problematic.
  • Jasper
    Jasper Member
    I did rename the data file to 8 characters long & it opens like normal on the laptop, where I was having the problem. But is has always opened normal on my desktop with a longer name & with a space. what's the difference? Both computers are using Windows 10 Home 20H2 version.
    Thank you.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasper said:
    I did rename the data file to 8 characters long & it opens like normal on the laptop, where I was having the problem. But is has always opened normal on my desktop with a longer name & with a space. what's the difference? Both computers are using Windows 10 Home 20H2 version.
    Thank you.
    The general issue has to do with the Microsoft file system and backward compatibility due to the use of older program interfaces within Quicken.