can't change user ID

I sign into my account, go to my profile, go to change ID (putting in a new email), and when I do it wants me to sign in again (which is fine) but when I try to sign in for a second time it says I have the wrong ID or password. Really? I'm signed in already and now I'm just verifying myself for the change..........anyone had this problem or what can I do to get around this??? I use the latest firefox but tried explorer too. I'm out of ideas and technical support by Quicken SUCKS.......at least so far. Now that I pay annually I SHOULD have LIVE SUPPORT. Considering new software if this software and support doesn't step it up!!!!!!
thanks for any suggestions

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22 Accepted Answer
    Quicken does have live support and provided your subscription is current there is no additional cost for that.  You can get the best telephone number for you to call at Help > My Quicken Account
    If you cannot access that because of the Quicken ID change issue you mentioned, you can also get telephone contact information at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.
    And, yes, you will need to talk with Quicken Support to resolve this issue.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 22 Accepted Answer
    Quicken does have live support and provided your subscription is current there is no additional cost for that.  You can get the best telephone number for you to call at Help > My Quicken Account
    If you cannot access that because of the Quicken ID change issue you mentioned, you can also get telephone contact information at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.
    And, yes, you will need to talk with Quicken Support to resolve this issue.
  • cruzr65
    cruzr65 Member
    Thanks for the ideas. The website is terrible and still will not show me or send me to any support help. I've used what you suggested. Just terrible and it's not me........I'm reasonably computer literate so I've done everything I can think of to get links to work but I get no phone numbers or I get kicked back out and have to sign in...........just like ground hog day I go in circles. Ridiculous for such a company that's been around awhile. Anyway I did eventually find a number via my software as you eluded too. Thanks. But Quicken.com seems about useless. I appreciate the ideas.
  • Boatnmaniac
    I'm glad to hear you found the telephone number.
    Regarding the website issue:  Clicking on those Support contact buttons on Quicken.com should open popups with the contact information listed on them.  Check you browser popup blocker settings.  They need to be turned off or Quicken.com needs to be whitelisted or added as an allowed exception.  If it still doesn't work, check you browser add-ons.  Some add-ons have their own pop-up blockers that need to be turned off or whitelisted for Quicken.com's popups to work.
  • cruzr65
    cruzr65 Member
    thanks for your ideas although I've already done that and tried 2 different browsers. I'll try Opera. Usually that doesn't have all the safety catches. As you said, a phone call will work best. It just amazes me why they need all these pop ups and links. You should just go to the support page and the phone number should just be the first thing you see. I shouldn't need like 2-3 more clicks. Amazon is like that. It's layers of clicks before I can actually get to a contact number or action. thanks again for your time, it's just always frustrating when the simplest things don't work or they're so complex to get started. I'm always so impressed with some sites that when you first see it they are intuitive and easy with their design :).
This discussion has been closed.