I can't figure out why my Quicken is showing -$54,953 and Risk of Overdraft message. Why

When I click on the Risk of Overdraft, everything looks fine.

[Edited-Privacy]

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23 Accepted Answer
    I would guess that's because you have a date range there of 312 days and probably have entered lots of known outflows - estimated taxes, mortgage payments, upcoming tuition, etc., etc. - without entering the same range of income items, except for something showing up in 312 days?
    If you click on the "Risk of overdraft" button you should see a graph confirming this.  If that's not the case, the graph doesn't extend out 312 days and doesn't show any overdraft, I'd try a validation of the file to see if that corrects the situation.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23 Accepted Answer
    I would guess that's because you have a date range there of 312 days and probably have entered lots of known outflows - estimated taxes, mortgage payments, upcoming tuition, etc., etc. - without entering the same range of income items, except for something showing up in 312 days?
    If you click on the "Risk of overdraft" button you should see a graph confirming this.  If that's not the case, the graph doesn't extend out 312 days and doesn't show any overdraft, I'd try a validation of the file to see if that corrects the situation.