WHY DO I HAVE TRANSACTIONs of past dates at top of ledger with a green line?

WHY DO I HAVE TRANSACTIONs from past dates at top of ledger with a green line separating them?

Best Answers

• jtanguay55
    jtanguay55 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hey I fixed it!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Looking at your screenshot, it appears to be displaying correctly. Register is sorted newest-at-the-top. Transactions above the green line are after today and below the green line are before today. But I do notice that the two transactions above the green line (YTTV and Meijer) are dated in 2022, next year. Perhaps you meant to date them this year?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    In the current version of QMac, there is green line separating past from future transactions. If you have the register sorted by date in ascending order (oldest at the top), then the past-dated transactions will be above the green line and the future dated transactions below. To reverse the sort order by date, click the Date column header.
  • jtanguay55
    jtanguay55 Member
    But they are old transactions and cleared. Why aren't they with all the other transactions?
  • RickO
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. If you scan down the Date column, are all the transactions not in chronological order? The register should show both new and old and cleared and uncleared transactions, but they should be in chronological order if you have clicked the Date column header. The fact that you see a green separator line says that the register is sorted by Date.

If you wish to see only uncleared transaction, click the Any Status filter at the top and choose Uncleared. That will hide all the cleared transactions. 

If this doesn't clear it up, please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.
  • jtanguay55
    jtanguay55 Member
    Here's a screen shot
  • jtanguay55
    jtanguay55 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hey I fixed it!
  • RickO
    Okay, how?
  • jtanguay55
    jtanguay55 Member
    Oh, not I didn't
  • RickO
    Accepted Answer
    Looking at your screenshot, it appears to be displaying correctly. Register is sorted newest-at-the-top. Transactions above the green line are after today and below the green line are before today. But I do notice that the two transactions above the green line (YTTV and Meijer) are dated in 2022, next year. Perhaps you meant to date them this year?
  • jtanguay55
    jtanguay55 Member
    OMG! I am a moron (or just a senior) That was it. Thank you so much!