After adding Category (Payment Category)...

After adding Category (Payment Category)...Next time category is missing..
Make change in memorized List ..next week need do do thid again ?? Why is Quicken not remembering my change ??

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.
    I suspect that a flaw in the Sync process is undoing your changes.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• mieczako
    mieczako Member
    Do not use Q on Web..When you say " Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy" Not clear how to accomplish this please respond
    At Mobile/Web : Reset cloud data..did this answered No at bottom of choice Or should I have said Yes ?
    Lastly Sync button to OFF.
    Did I not fulfill your steps?
    Thank you
    this makes much sense.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding. Since you're not syncing, you're good. I wanted to make sure that the Sync process wasn't interfering.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems