Unable to connect to Credit One Bank NV

Steele
Steele Member
Please help me connect my 2 credit card accounts to my Quicken Windows 10 Home version to Credit One Bank NV.
I enter the User Name & Password that works perfectly logging in elsewhere to the Quicken Add Account query, states UNABLE TO CONNECT.
I have called Credit One Bank NV tech support and they are clueless, blaming the situation on Quicken.
Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Steele,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicke you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Are you adding these as new accounts to Quicken, or are these accounts already added and aren't updating? Aside from the Unable to connect error message you are receiving, was there also an error code associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steele
    Steele Member
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I am running Quicken Deluxe Version Windows 10 Home Version R32. 12 Build 27.1.32.12

I am attempting to add my Credit One account to my Quicken software. Does not accept my Credit One USER NAME and/or PASSWORD. I receive the attached error code CC 555

I spent almost 30 minutes on the phone with Credit One Bank tech support for nothing, techs blame Quicken software.

Any / all suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file.

After adding accounts, see if you experience the same issue in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Steele
    Steele Member
    Thanks once again.
    I tried your suggestions as listed, only to experience the exact same issue (unable to connect to Credit One Bank NV)
    Looking forward to your future resolve steps. Please note that I drive a big truck coast to coast and am hitting the road once again in the morning and will be gone for over 60 days. I will check my email daily via my phone but usually only experience Internet and the ability to use my lap top on the weekends. So please excuse any delays in my response.
    Thank you very much
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying that.

Since you did receive the same result in a test file, this would indicate an issue within the servers. For this reason, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly (whenever is convenient for you). Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the error and will likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.