why can't I download data for 2 separate fidelity 401k accounts at the same time?

I have 2 401k accounts both at fidelity and 2 roth's at capital group buyt quicken only allows me to have one account at each of those places to be activated for online downloading. if i want to down load data for the other account I have to deactivate the one account and reactivate the other one and vice versa.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @am7315,

Are the accounts in the same "name"  - i.e. are they owned by the same person or 2 different people?  Are the "usernames" that have been setup with Fidelity the same or different?  What error code are you getting when you try to update both accounts at once?  Are you using One Step Update or are you downloading through the account register?

Get back to me and we'll go from there?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Are both of those 401k accounts with the same employer?  Do you own both, or perhaps, does your spouse own one?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    Yes both 401ks are with the same employer. The accounts are under each of our names respectively. I also have this issue with our Roth IRA accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @am7315,

There are some questions that you didn't answer:

1) Is the "username" the same for the both accounts at each financial institution, or do you have separate and distinct user names - one for you and another for your spouse?

2) What error code (or codes) or messages do you get from Quicken when the downloads fail?

3) When you try to update the accounts - are you using "One Step Update" or do you try to update these accounts one at a time from the account register instead?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -