Linking Schwab checking account

Hi, Im new to quicken and Im trying to link my Schwab checking account but I can only get the brokerage one to show up. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The process should work exactly the same as setting up the brokerage account.  If you log into the Schwab site and then click on Services > Security Center is "Third-Party Access to Account Information" enabled?

• eclark
    eclark Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. All my brokerage accounts are listed, and are already linked in Quicken (proof of 3rd-party access), but when I try to link my new Schwab checking account it isn't an option.
  • eclark
    eclark Member ✭✭
    Figured it out. Needed to select "Investor - C" from the initial Financial Institution Schwab options. Then only the checking account was listed, and all went smoothly from there.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like Schwab is no longer supporting the most reliable downloading method - Direct Connect - on the bank side of the house for new customers.  All of my accounts at Schwab on the "broker" and "bank" side of the house use Direct Connect. 
    The "Investor - C" downloading method is only Express Web Connect:
    27522    27522    27522    Charles Schwab Bank - Investor C    https://www.schwab.com/    866-232-9890    https://www.schwab.com/    ACTIVE                   BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
  • ShantiR
    ShantiR Member ✭✭
    How did you do this? I cant find it.
    > @eclark said:
    > Figured it out. Needed to select "Investor - C" from the initial Financial Institution Schwab options. Then only the checking account was listed, and all went smoothly from there.

--------------------
    Yes, this is enabled. Still only shows the brokerage account.
    > @"Tom Young" said:
    > The process should work exactly the same as setting up the brokerage account.  If you log into the Schwab site and then click on Services > Security Center is "Third-Party Access to Account Information" enabled?
  • eclark
    eclark Member ✭✭
    see attached image. Select the one in blue. Investor - C. However, later I will try them all out to see if one of them offers Direct Connect, as Tom Young recommends.
  • eclark
    eclark Member ✭✭
    Tonight I revisited the issue and selected Charles Schwab Bank, N.A. and was able to get Direct Connect. Thanks for the info.
  • ShantiR
    ShantiR Member ✭✭
    It worked, Yay! Thank you, your the best!