Banking transaction does not transfer into Quicken

Sberg
Sberg Member ✭✭
I am new with this version of Quicken (I had rev9 before).
For some accounts, some banks transactions are not updated into Quicken.
There is no error message at all.
I did the check described in the page "I'm Missing Some Transactions or New Transactions Did Not Download From My Bank (Quicken for Windows)". No luck.

Is there a transaction log where to check the progress of the request?
Any cue about how to solve the problem?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Sberg

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sberg
    Sberg Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I think that part of the problem comes from the banking platform. I have reported them the issue. I will see.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that you will get anywhere asking this question of the financial institution.  Given that you are using the Canadian version I suspect that you are talking about an account(s) setup with Express Web Connect.

There are various reasons why such a setup might not download transactions and not give an error.  I really do suggest trying the troubleshooting methods that @Quicken Francisco suggested.  But for reference, in the past you would look in the connection and OFX logs for details of the downloading of transactions.  But recently they just added a new "player" to this which might be causing the problems and it reports its activity in the "Cloud Sync Log".  You can find them under Help -> Log Files.   Note the "Cloud Sync Log" has a lot in it and is hard to read.

So really I recommend doing the troubleshooting that was recommended, and if that doesn't find/fix the problem contacting Quicken support.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sberg
    Sberg Member ✭✭
    Thanks Chris. The CSV file provided by the bank also miss the data line that appears on the bank's on-line transaction report. So the issue is possibly related to all export files the bank provides: QFX, CSV and OFX. That is why I am checking a bit this way first.
    I already started the @Quicken Francisco suggestion but on the idle mode for now.