Now - My Q account balances don't match banks, and each month is a different amount back +1 year

When I went to Reconcile the ending balance on Q and it is $100 - $350 less than statement going back over 1 year - all entries Reconciled. Went to Chat twice, they asked me to try something, went back to Chat and they were gone. Downloaded backup - when it loads message on screen says "Converting File". Never seen that. Reloaded Program, same problem.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• BostonBrowne
    BostonBrowne Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I'm also having this problem. And it's happening across 3 accounts. It's so frustrating! I've been a Quicken customer for about 20 years and these last few updates have caused more problems than I've ever seen.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    My nicotine gum budget it going through the roof! Followed your directive. Still not fixed. Lumb account: Beginning balance -$404.90 Ending: $304.90. Used "Find: to search for these amounts - none found. PNC account: Beginning balance = off -$141.00 Ending off: $111.00. "Find" search found no matching numbers back to 2012. Did the Update, see no change. I'm single and 76 years old. This is killing me!

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Mattersnot

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.

In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. This will allow us to work with you and figure out exactly what could of happened. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    I contacted Q support via phone. No wait. Told the guy about my problem and his suggestion was to make a balance adjustment ahead of the reconciled balance to obtain the proper balance. No solution for the previous reconciliations or why this occurred. This isn't what a + 20 year Quicken user expected!
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Still have the problem. Having to add balance adjustment for the most recent checking accounts. I haven't had time to check out all my money market accounts. Trying changing my backup directory in case the problem resides there.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Called, talked with a ?support person. He offered no solution except to adjust the balance to make the ending balance match the bank statement. That doesn't work because the Previous Bank Balance is also incorrect. It would take years to work my way back to the first transaction. Quicken needs to fly someone down to NC to fix their mess.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Chatted with another Quicken ?supporter. He tried but didn't have a clue what was wrong.
  • BostonBrowne
    BostonBrowne Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I'm also having this problem. And it's happening across 3 accounts. It's so frustrating! I've been a Quicken customer for about 20 years and these last few updates have caused more problems than I've ever seen.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    I've tried 5 "Chats" and one phone call and those "techs" that didn't log off on me didn't have a clue. My problem (so far) is limited to my 2 checking accounts as far as I know. I "adjusted" Beginning balances and ending balances to get the accounts to balance. Not sure what will happen next month. Thanks for your response.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Do you have unexpected Opening Balance transactions appearing in the middle of your account register? (There should only be one Opening Balance transaction ever at the start of your register.)
    If so, get rid of all but the first one after you install the next patch release, R33, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893464/windows-r33-xx-release-us#latest
    This is supposed to resolve the issue.

• Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Should I remove entries made to adjust balance to match my bank statement opening and closing balances?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mattersnot,

To answer your most recent question, I need to ask a question - did you find one or more of those erroneous "opening balance" entries in various places in your account register as discussed above?  If so, and if you've updated to Release R33.xx, you should delete any entries that you made recently to adjust the balance.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    My nicotine gum budget it going through the roof! Followed your directive. Still not fixed. Lumb account: Beginning balance -$404.90 Ending: $304.90. Used "Find: to search for these amounts - none found. PNC account: Beginning balance = off -$141.00 Ending off: $111.00. "Find" search found no matching numbers back to 2012. Did the Update, see no change. I'm single and 76 years old. This is killing me!
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Anyone have any suggestions? Monthly bank statements coming soon! Correction to my earlier message: the amounts are all negative amounts. Checked again and my money market account don't appear to have this problem. Thanks!
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Yes. The only one I had was to balance the PNC account. After I opened and closed more than once, it appears to be fixed. I put an balance adjustment to get it reconciles, then removed it. Hopefully Quicken will resolve that problem. Funny thing is the Lumbee account has 90% less transactions than the PNC. Thanks! Time for a Coors.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    Let me reword my last message. Wore slap out after working on this problem. I had an entry on the PNC account, deleted it. It appears to be fixed. Couldn't get the Lumbee account to balance without entering a balance adjustment. I've removed it. Did a search for Baladj and noting turned up. Hopefully it will balance when I log on tomorrow.
  • Mattersnot
    Mattersnot Member ✭✭
    5/55/2021 I DID THE LATEST UPDATE, AND FINALLY GOT IT TO BALANCE LATE YESTERDAY. ENDING RECONCILED BALANCE WAS $2,005.54. OPENED Q THIS MORNING AND THE ENDING BALANCE SAY$1,894.54 OR $111 WRONG. THAT IS THE SAME AMOUNT MISSING BEFORE ALL THE UPDATES. WISH THEY WOULD ISSUE A 5 OR 10 YEAR OLD VERSION WHEN QUICKEN USE TO WORK!