I can’t add a new account?

I tried to add another account but it doesn’t do anything. What do I do?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Don R Waters

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd. How were you trying to add it? Another way to attempt to see if we're able to add it is by going across the top to tools > add account. How have you attempted to add the account overall? 

Once you get a chance let us know more details and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Don R Waters
    Don R Waters Member
    I have tried also to go to tools > add account, and that wouldn’t work either. I don’t know what else to do!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

@Don R Waters

Thanks for the update. That is quite odd overall then. In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• llaframboise
    llaframboise Member
    Hello, I can't seem to add an account other than a bank account. Also, there is no + sign on account bar like it says in the help section on adding an account. When I try to add through tools, it only shows bank accounts and when I try to look at my account list through tools it only shows my bank accounts, not all my property accounts. This used to be easy with the old Quicken--what happened? I'm using the starter version, does that make a difference?
  • llaframboise
    llaframboise Member
    PS, I've been on CHAT for 20 minutes and it just says "connecting". I was warned to turn off pop up blocker but I don't know how to do that or if it's even a problem and I've used other chats without having to do it.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the Starter Edition is very limited.  You might want to upgrade to Deluxe.