Quicken shows deposits as debits

My imported Quicken files are just crazy! December Social Security line says "net salary" and amount as deposit, November says "net salary" and the amount as a debit! One month "Interest system generated" is a few thousand dollars DEBIT, another more than 10k CREDIT -- this for an interest checking account that makes less than $10 per YEAR. There are numerous duplicate entries and more random weirdness than you want to know about. I'm really bummed. As far as I'm able to tell, the imports were done properly but bear no resemblance to the information in the accounts or in the account exports.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @MM/CA

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering here what exactly is happening that's causing this. Do you download or import information to your accounts? If so what FI are we having issues with? Additionally a screenshot may also help us with figuring out what exactly is happening. I'll leave instructions on how to do so down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photos into the response box in order to add it to the post.

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @MM/CA

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering here what exactly is happening that's causing this. Do you download or import information to your accounts? If so what FI are we having issues with? Additionally a screenshot may also help us with figuring out what exactly is happening. I'll leave instructions on how to do so down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photos into the response box in order to add it to the post.

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Aurora
    Aurora Member ✭✭
    I am having some of the same problems. In two of my five credit card accounts, charges are reducing my balance and payments or credits to the card are increasing my balances. My two checking accounts are OK. I've never had this problem before.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Aurora I'd suggest that you follow Francisco's advice.  We can't provide much help without that info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • MM/CA
    MM/CA Member ✭✭
    Sorry, but Quicken made such a mess of all my accounts -- imported and newly downloaded activity-- and of downloading from my financial entities that I uninstalled it from my computer.
  • MM/CA
    MM/CA Member ✭✭
    > @Aurora said:
    > I am having some of the same problems...

Aurora, there are other financial programs that are one-time payment (and not an awful lot). Some banks won't download activity directly from the program, which is why I thought I'd give Quicken one more try. The one I've been using for years has an importer once you get it set up, or you can download to your desktop and import from the program. No ads, no come-ons, no silly interface(s). Search on 'financial management' and start with those at the beginning of the alphabet.