Quicken saves attachments to cloud-I have no cloud account

Gary
Gary Member ✭✭
I do not have, nor do I want to use, a cloud account for Quicken data, attachments or anything else. I just saved an attachment that Quicken indicated was saved locally as usual. The file was also added to the cloud (This is something new), which I deleted. I could find no setting in Preferences that enabled or disabled saving attachments to the cloud. I checked other attachments and there doesn't appear to be anything else saved to the cloud. I have no cloud account but no error was indicated. Since I have no cloud account, there is no way I can delete data already saved to the cloud. Did this really get saved somewhere I have no access to? As already stated above, I do not want ANYTHING AT ALL saved to ANY cloud. If something is saved there, it is a Quicken error and I MUST have it deleted. Please advise. Thank you.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Gary said:
    I do not have, nor do I want to use, a cloud account for Quicken data. Please advise. Thank you.
    Anyone that has a Quicken Id has a Quicken Cloud account and a "data set".

And recently Quicken Inc has been switching anyone using Express Web Connect to a new connection method called QCS (Quicken Connection Services).

As the flow is now:

Quicken <sync> QCS <-> Intuit server <-> financial institution's website

This sync is in fact the same one used for sync to Mobile/Web (which are just the "GUIs" for looking at the Quicken Cloud account data set).

The only real difference between the the Express Web Connect flow and sync to Mobile/Web is the amount of data synced, and the fact that it tells Mobile/Web not to display that information.

Very quickly it was noticed that as it syncs the transactions, it also syncs the attachments.
    Note that the Quicken cloud account data set only syncs images not other kinds of files so that would be one reason other attachments might not be synced, or it might be that the sync is only syncing the attachments that are connected to the transactions that it is syncing for the purpose of Express Web Connect.
    See this discussion for more details on this.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. the Quicken cloud account data set holds other things besides transactions, and budgets and such that sync for Express Web Connect and Mobile/Web.  It holds information for the Quicken Bill Manager, Credit Score, and various other online services.  You can delete the data set from another Quicken data file that has sync to Mobile/Web enabled, but the moment you connect with One Step Update it is going to recreate it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/