Awaiting next bill for almost every bill now.

This issue has been progressing for a while now. My bills, and it doesn't matter who the biller is, are all going to a "Awaiting next bill" status. I used to be able refresh bill a couple of times and get it to pull through.

But it is no longer refreshing. So I tried deleting some of the billers and adding them back, and that worked for a while.

But for the last few weeks, after the last update, even that is no longer working.

It appeared to start with Chase credit cards, but now Citi, Spectrum, Water, Power, Waste Management. Pretty much every bill I have cannot update anymore.

I have verified that I do have balances due. Chase is do in 4 days and other billers. I can logon to those websites and see active balances due from 4 days to two\three weeks out.

Anyone else having this issue, were you able to fix? It seems like something broke with the last update. I was thinking maybe deleting my file and starting a new one, but I would rather not.

Version: R32.12
Build: 27.132.12

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sallo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, before doing so, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sallo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, before doing so, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Avoid late fees and penalty interest rates!

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to failures or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?
    I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Sallo
    Sallo Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

Thank you for the reply. I did try that and it made no difference.

I did notice something else. On the bills that are not updating, they are downloading the statement.

It will still show 'Awaiting next bill', but if I select the dropdown next to the bill and and 'View PDF Statement' it has downloaded the current\correct statement. It is just not populating due date and total due.

Thank you,
  • Quicken Anja
    @Sallo Thank you for trying those steps and for providing additional information.

Next, I suggest removing the biller and then re-adding it. To do so, also in the Bills & Income tab, navigate to the Gear-icon on the top-right and select Manage Online Biller (see below).

Then, select Remove next to the Online Biller name you need to remove (see below).

Once that is done, try re-adding the biller.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Sallo
    Sallo Member ✭✭
    In my initial post I had mentioned I have removed and then added them back. I have done that multiple times with various billers. In case my file was corrupted, I even created a new file. I have moved from my desktop to my laptop. These issue with the billers appears to be a deeper. I shouldn't have to remove and re-add random billers every month.

On a side note, State Farm Insurance has never worked.
  • rjm365
    rjm365 Member
    I have seen the same issue for what seems like ages. No matter how many times I relinked to online billers, the current bill status on the Bills & Income page was always "awaiting next bill". I finally have everything updating, but I'm hesitant to say it's "fixed" until it works through a couple more billing cycles.

What I did is as follows:
    1. On the Bills & Income page, under the Action column dropdown menu, I selected "Unlink from xxx"
    for the bills that were not updating
    2. On the Manage Manual Bills and Income page, under the Action column, I selected Edit this instance
    instance and all future instances, and deleted the reminder for the bills that were not updating.
    3. Back on the Bills & income page, Action column, I did Refresh Bill for each stale Biller. This actually
    updated the Current Bill status. After I Current Bill status updated, I chose to Link to Reminder,
    and created new Reminders for the bill reminders I had deleted.

I've only had a couple of bills that have cycled through to a new bill, but so far, so go.