Is the Bills & Income tab available in Deluxe (and Starter) without Bill Manager?

I'm seeing it and can add online bill accounts but don't know if it's left there from Bill Manager, which I tried and cancelled. Wondering if I can use it to see which bills are due without subscribing to the Bill Manager (which did not work at all for me).
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Every Quicken edition provides access to the Bill & Income tab.  The Bill Manager functionality is optional.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Every Quicken edition provides access to the Bill & Income tab.  The Bill Manager functionality is optional.

Does Bill Manager do anything in addition to bill paying? Are there other features that aren't available in versions that don't have Bill Manager?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @k

Sorry to hear that you are having that problem, however I think there's an easy fix. 

Here's a link to a FAQ with step by step instructions - LINK.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29 Accepted Answer
    All current subscriptions of any Quicken edition have access to all the Bill Manager functionality.  In addition to Quick Pay and Check Pay, the Bill Manager functionality includes Bill Tracker.  This provides the aggregation of online bills obtained from online billers within Quicken.  Note:  There is no additional cost for the Bill Tracker functionality as there is for Quick Pay and Check Pay.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Every Quicken edition provides access to the Bill & Income tab.  The Bill Manager functionality is optional.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Every Quicken edition provides access to the Bill & Income tab.  The Bill Manager functionality is optional.

Does Bill Manager do anything in addition to bill paying? Are there other features that aren't available in versions that don't have Bill Manager?
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    This is happening in one of my accounts. I don't see any errors but there is a blank line that I can't get rid of. Every time I go to that account's register the entries are invisible until I click on each on line by line. Any ideas why this is and how to fix?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @k

Sorry to hear that you are having that problem, however I think there's an easy fix. 

Here's a link to a FAQ with step by step instructions - LINK.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29 Accepted Answer
    All current subscriptions of any Quicken edition have access to all the Bill Manager functionality.  In addition to Quick Pay and Check Pay, the Bill Manager functionality includes Bill Tracker.  This provides the aggregation of online bills obtained from online billers within Quicken.  Note:  There is no additional cost for the Bill Tracker functionality as there is for Quick Pay and Check Pay.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    >There is no additional cost for the Bill Tracker functionality as there is for Quick Pay and Check Pay.

Thanks for the answers.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited April 29
    > @Frankx said:

> Here's a link to a FAQ with step by step instructions - LINK.

Thanks. I don't want to use a backup (as suggested at that link) since I added a bunch of stuff I don't want to do over. But I did notice if I resort from oldest to newest date (I prefer new on top) stuff if visible. Kind of weird. There is one extra row between the default row to add a new entry and the rest of the line items. Can't get rid of that no matter what I do. But fortunately this is a loan that is nearly paid off so I'm not going to mess with it.

Again, thanks for your help.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited April 29
    For instance I will select a category for something and it seems set (I can navigate away from the row) but then if I go to another screen and return occasionally that category has changed.

In the Bills & Income tab I can see recent payments, which is a nice feature, but then a payment will disappear from that list even though it's still in the account register.

And finally, it seems like there are very few ways to undo something if you've made a mistake or changed your mind (or perhaps I just don't know how). For instance if I accidently mark a bill as paid there seems to be no way to correct or change that.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited April 29
    I'm getting this message when I do that: "One local bill missing from server has been unlinked: (bill name)"

What would this mean?

Also, this particular bill disappeared from the billing history list. No idea why or what happened. It's still in the checking register.

Also, even as I've come here to ask this question, the still opened program has changed the biller to reminders. I've added it back a couple times now.

I'm not sure what the purpose of 'validating' is but seems like the bill stays put if I don't do that.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kkineta

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you please take a moment to review the steps and information available here and confirm the location of the data file? Is the file stored on the hard drive or the cloud drive?

Storing the file in a cloud drive may cause the issues you have described if the file is located on the hard drive.

If the file is not stored in a cloud or network drive, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~