Register column widths reset after update

One of the many little time-sucking annoyances with Quicken is that it lets you customize things, but then those customizations are periodically whacked and you are sent back to the default. In this case, the default column widths on my bank account register are completely un-usable, as I can only see two digits of the Payment or Deposit column. So I go in and move them around to my liking, but then I notice all other accounts are similar un-usable. I (eventually) found the command to "make all other 2-line registers like this one", which prevented me from having to do this 14 times. But then, Quicken periodically forgets these settings, I believe when it pushes an update to the software, and I need to do the whole thing again.

Seriously? The software has only been around for 20+ years, you'd think little things like register column widths would have been solved at least 19 years ago.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @pthiringer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your experience and feedback, atlhough I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research purposes.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @pthiringer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your experience and feedback, atlhough I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research purposes.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~