Hide Accounts from Sidebar if balance is $0

Would love to see the sidebar automatically decluttered by automatically hiding accounts with a zero balance.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I would hate to see my zero dollar accounts auto-hide, so this would need to beet another preference setting. (I'm not disparaging the enhancement request, only noting that not everyone would want this to be the automatic behavior of the program.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I have several accounts that are TEMPORARILY $0 ... but I'd still want to see them because I still periodically use those accounts.
    I also have accounts that are PERMANENTLY $0 ... so I close them in Q and designate them as "SEPARATE" and 'HIDDEN", which causes them to not appear in the sidebar.
    Since I use QWin, rather than QMac, I'm not sure if this functionality is also available in QMac ... but it's worth looking into as it would resolve the OP's issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    NotACPA said:
    ... close them in Q and designate them as "SEPARATE" and 'HIDDEN", which causes them to not appear in the sidebar.
    Exactly. All possible in QMac...In other words, there is already the manual option to manage this.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    NotACPA said:
    I have several accounts that are TEMPORARILY $0 ... but I'd still want to see them because I still periodically use those accounts.
    @NotACPA  I agree regarding accounts which are temporarily zero, but bobluck's request here is for the opposite: having Quicken automatically hide accounts in the sidebar when their balances are zero. I can see why some users might like this, so my point was simply that if the developers were to offer this, it would need to be an option so other users like you and I could see their not-manually-marked-as-hidden zero balance accounts in the sidebar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993