Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Separate Accounts (Q Mac)

crmelton313
crmelton313 Member ✭✭
Hello...I'm having an issue. I keep some accounts separate within Quicken; however, they've been getting moved back to normal automatically and when I separate them again then I update, they add themselves back to all my other accounts. Anybody else having this issue and what are doing to correct it?

I'm using Quicken for Mac

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited May 4 Accepted Answer
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I have been able to successfully recreate this issue and have reported it.

I will be back with an update as soon as I have more information to share.

-Quicken Tyka

(CTP-2093)
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member
    same problem. just started.
  • Tazrulz
    Tazrulz Unconfirmed, Member
    I'm experiencing the same problem. It just started this morning for me. Was hoping to find answers here. :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's strange that three people reported the same issue at the same time, yet the program hasn't been updated in a few months. It might be helpful to gather more information. Can you confirm if your Quicken versions is 6.1.1? What financial institutions are involved? What version of macOS, and if Big Sur, are you on an M1 Mac? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member
    Quicken 6.1.1; macOS 10.15.7; Rockland Trust, TD Bank
  • crmelton313
    crmelton313 Member ✭✭
    Quicken 6.1.1; MacOS 11.3; Not M1
  • Bud27
    Bud27 Member ✭✭
    edited May 1
    Same problem. Just started for me this morning also. Q 6.1.1, macOS 11.3. Account stays separated until I sync with Quicken Web. I can restore the separated status and it stays that way between open/save sequences, but as soon as I run online update or sync to mobile, it loses its separated status.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts? Then select "Accounts" are these hidden/kept separate accounts selected for sync?

Do you recall making any changes to these settings to enable these accounts to sync to the mobile app?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member
    I am not using Sync nor have I been using Sync.
  • crmelton313
    crmelton313 Member ✭✭
    Tyka,

I went in and checked mine, all accounts are selected when I never touched this section. The check marks are grayed out and I can't deselect any accounts.

Thank you
  • Bud27
    Bud27 Member ✭✭
    Yes, the account in question is using mobile sync and has for as long as I can remember. No, I have made no changes to these settings.
  • crmelton313
    crmelton313 Member ✭✭
    It seems that all my reports and budget have stayed the same thought...no including the accounts I want separated. The accounts are just not staying separated and continues to sync with my mobile and web apps. Now, I'm having transaction sync errors...a lot of them!

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello all,

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The accounts that are marked as separate should not be available to sync. That the option to sync a separate account is a bug that has been reported in the previous discussion here.

I will forward these details to the original bug report. In the meantime, to prevent this from occurring, please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts? Then uncheck the account for sync if applicable.

Please let me know how it goes.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • crmelton313
    crmelton313 Member ✭✭
    Tyka, all my supposed to be separated accounts are check marked; the check marks are grayed out and don’t allow me to uncheck them in the Mobile, Web & Alerts section.

Thank you.
  • Bud27
    Bud27 Member ✭✭
    The account in question cannot be unchecked in Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts tab. It is checked but greyed out and not editable.
    Having said that, I need this account to sync, so I will now have to live with this new behavior that requires this account to be included in all of my accounts. I have to use Quicken Web when traveling because it is FAR better than the alternative app on my iPad Pro. Until I can buy a MacBook Air for travel and have the full Quicken experience, I'm stuck with this approach. Oh well, not the end of the world.
  • crmelton313
    crmelton313 Member ✭✭
    Hello,

Just checking if there an an ETA on the fix or if there is a place we can track the fix?

Thank you,
    Christopher
  • Suzanne108
    Suzanne108 Member ✭✭
    This is happening to me, too. I keep re-setting the accounts to "separate" but every time I update, they revert.

Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100)
    macOS 11.2.3

FIs: BOA, Discover Card
    macOS: Big Sur 11.2.3
    Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (mid-2015)
  • dc9husker
    dc9husker Member
    This is happening to me also. Just started today
  • ken.r.bienstock
    ken.r.bienstock Member
    Noticed 4 of my 6 designated separate accounts were showing up back in my regular accounts list. I manually edited them to set them back to separate. This morning when running the account update I noticed them revert back to regular accounts again. It only seems to be impacting checking/savings accounts. Two separate brokerage accounts don't seem to be effected. Any idea how to fix this or if it's a known issue?
  • PaTal
    PaTal Member
    Having the same problem. It seems the accounts move back to regular accounts during/after a sync.
  • jkpro
    jkpro Member
    Same problem here. I first noticed it on May 1, but it possibly could have been before that.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited May 4 Accepted Answer
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I have been able to successfully recreate this issue and have reported it.

I will be back with an update as soon as I have more information to share.

-Quicken Tyka

(CTP-2093)
    ~~~***~~~
  • MikeBH
    MikeBH Member
    Same issue for me. Thought it might have started just before May 1, but can't swear to that. I didn't change any settings, it just started happening. Tested this morning by having the account settings window open and saw the check boxes tick off as the account sync finished. This happens repeatedly with a checking account and a loan account which download. An asset account which does not is unaffected. Thanks for confirming the problem. Looking forward to hearing about its resolution.
  • Jonathan Perkins
    Jonathan Perkins Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I chatted with support and they suggested I restore my last "Pre-Update" backup, from February 4. No way I can afford to lose 3 months of data!
  • NickB15
    NickB15 Member
    I just created a brand new Quicken data file today (May 2). (My old Quicken data file had gotten too big.)

The issue happened even when I only had a handful accounts. I do not use Sync.

Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) macOS 10.15.7 multiple FIs.
  • crmelton313
    crmelton313 Member ✭✭
    @NickB15 Did this correct the issue? When you created a new file, didn't you're old items go into it and make it the same size?
  • shannh10
    shannh10 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I manage my elderly mother-in-law's finances, along with monitoring my college kids' accounts, so I have about 15 "separate" accounts. I've reset them all twice now, and when I sync, they all revert to the main accounts section.
  • skepper
    skepper Member
    I am having the same problem.
  • PJDUENAS
    PJDUENAS Member
    It is happening to me too. Quicken 6.1.1 Mac OS 11.3. It was ok on 4/30/2021. I encountered problem 5/3/2021.
  • Abq Michael J
    Abq Michael J Member
    I'm having this problem too with one out of two separate accounts that I manage. The reason I have these accounts separate is that I'm managing them for somebody else (It's my daughter's college fund). I don't want them in my net worth, on the sidebars with my savings or investment accounts and related tabulations. They are separate. However, I do want to keep an eye on them to monitor their balance and to check on funds I move in and out of them. They are important.

I've been doing this for a few years now and it's the only option that seems to make sense. Quicken_Tyka says it shouldn't work that way, that I shouldn't have been doing this, that I should stop trying to do it, and that the fix will be to remove the feature. My hope is that the developers will ignore Tyka and fix it properly. My question is, if synching is not part and partial to the the intent of separate accounts, what is their purpose?
  • Abq Michael J
    Abq Michael J Member
    Tyka says: "May I ask that you please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts? Then select "Accounts" are these hidden/kept separate accounts selected for sync?"

In my setup, only my investment accounts have a clickable check mark on the aforementioned accounts tab. The check marks by my bank and credit union accounts do not have checkmarks. The "Problem" account (the one that keeps popping out of the Separate Accounts tab) is a credit union sub-account from my main account. As an aside, keeping this account is far more important than the mobile app as I rarely use that. So I tried just turning off Sync for all accounts (the master Sync on/off switch). No surprise, the account in question pops back in with my other accounts just the same.