Multiple Yearly Check Pay Reminders for Same Payee are Deleted

I pay my landscaper in May, Jun, July Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec. Tod do this, I create a Yearly Check Pay reminder for each month. However, Quicken will only retain one of the the eight (8) reminders. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

My current work-around is to not designate them as Check Pay reminders. As soon as I convert them the Check Pay reminders, all but the last one disappear.

This issue is in Windows Version: R32.12 Build: 27.1.32.12

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    To avoid confusion, have you created these yearly reminders using distinct Payee Names for each reminder, e.g., "Gardner {May}", "Gardner {Jun}"?
    As suggested earlier, setting up one monthly reminder with an End Date in December, should work even better, but you'll have to remember to set this up again next year.
    Please review this discussion and vote for it. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7352236/new-frequency
    A new reminder frequency to meet your "monthly, selected months only" need is mentioned as an enhancement.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul26

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I am not understanding where this is occurring. Are you able to capture a screenshot of the reminder

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Paul26

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if I might be able to instead create one payee then skip the months where you're not using it. This might be a better alternative rather than having 8 separate reminders. Have you attempted this previously? If not I'd recommend to try it as it should work better than your current system.

Once you get the chance let us know more and if switching to one works better. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Is there a way to specify that you only want the reminder to be processed in May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, and Dec?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @Paul26

You could put an end date to the reminder itself so that it's only through a set period. You'll have to create another 8 month period after for the next year with this option. Additionally you can also skip the reminders til the next time they're due as well once you've gone though the 8 months is another option. Either one should work depending on your preference. This will also help with a bit of the clutter as well you had previously.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    To avoid confusion, have you created these yearly reminders using distinct Payee Names for each reminder, e.g., "Gardner {May}", "Gardner {Jun}"?
    As suggested earlier, setting up one monthly reminder with an End Date in December, should work even better, but you'll have to remember to set this up again next year.
    Please review this discussion and vote for it. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7352236/new-frequency
    A new reminder frequency to meet your "monthly, selected months only" need is mentioned as an enhancement.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    I would suggest setting it up for monthly payments and then after the December payment, just change the date for the next payment to May 2022.  Also, I believe each monthly payment will have to be specificly authorized (unless they have added a repeating payment feature to check pay) so you will have request the payment each month (or skip it) regardless of how it's set up.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    Those are all good suggestions. I think I would prefer to go with UKR's suggestion. That way, I would not have to remember to change things at a later date. However, my questions is - will the {May}, {Jun} notations show up in the payee field for the Check Pays?