Mobile sync issue

I have an investment account on my MacBookPro Quicken account that doesn't show up on my iPhone. I've synced the accounts several times with no results.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Haverty,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Sign out of the Quicken Mobile app
    2. Open your Quicken DeskTop program and navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    3. Preferences...
    4. Connected Services
    5. Click Reset 
    6. Once the reset completes, navigate to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    7. Click on the Accounts tab and select the accounts you would like to sync (see example below)
    8. Click Update
    9. Sign back in on the Quicken Mobile app
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member
    I’m using version 6.1.1
    macOS 11.2,3

The steps you suggested did not work the account did not show up on my iPhone even though it was checked in the accounts screen.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for trying those steps and following up.

Next, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile app. Then, follow the steps below to remove the cloud account from your main data file.
    1. On your desktop program - navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync Off
    4. Close Preferences
    5. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    6. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    7. Preferences
    8. Connected Services
    9. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    10. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    11. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    12. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    13. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    14. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    15. Preferences
    16. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync back on
    17. On the same screen; click on the Accounts tab and select/deselect your desired accounts
    18. Click on Update in the bottom-right corner to initiate a new cloud sync
    Once the sync completes, sign back in on your Mobile app to check and see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member
    Hi Anja,
    No luck. I went to the mobile/web alerts tab, opened accounts and checked all accounts. Closed the mobile app and hit sync. Nothing changed.

Randy Larson. Sent from my iPhone
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Haverty

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you are missing transactions you were expecting to see on the Mobile App, there may be a few causes.

Are you using the same Quicken ID?
    First, verify that you are signed into the correct Quicken ID. The Quicken ID you sign into on the Mobile App needs to be the same one you use in Quicken on your computer. To verify the Quicken ID in Quicken on your computer, go to Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. On the Mobile App, sign out (located in Settings) then sign back in using the same Quicken ID you just confirmed you're using on your computer.

Are you viewing the correct data file?
    After signing into the Mobile App, you will be given a list of data files associated with your Quicken ID. Here you can select which data file from Quicken on your computer you want to view on the Mobile App. If you are missing transactions on the Mobile App, make certain you are viewing the same data file you have open on your computer. 

Please let me know if either of these is the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member
    I took the steps you recommended and the ID is the same and the data file is the same. When I click sync to mobile, the entries update without any problem.
    The problem that still remains is the missing bank account.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Haverty

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have a few additional questions to help me isolate this issue further.

What type of account is this? An IRA, Brokerage... What is the currency of this account?  Has this account been recently added to the file or have you maintained this account for some time? 

The more information you can provide the better you able to assist the Community will.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member
    It’s a savings account. I’ve had this account for over 20 years on my desktop Quicken account. I also use Mint a Quicken product, where all my accounts are listed in my mobile app.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Haverty

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The original post states that this issue is occurring with an investment account. Is it possible that this is a money market account?

To clarify, Mint is not a Quicken product. Different products use different services so connectivity experiences may differ between products.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member
    Thanks for the clarification in Mint. I thought they were both part of Intuit.
    The account is a money market account
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member
    Unfortunately, I've already tried that and it didn't work.

the issue is not missing transactions, it is a missing money market fund which in on my desktop but not on my mobile App