How do I change passwords in the password vault?

The passwords in my pass word vault all read "not required" and have a key figure in them. This is since the updates happened..bad! When I go in to try to CHANGE the passwords, the "change password" is dimmed out and will not function. How can I get past this? I have searched out the instructions on this Quicken website and they are WRONG. No mention of "not required", no mention of dimmed out links. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and I'm pissed.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you use the Express Web Connect connection method, your financial institution account's credentials are maintained on servers.  Selecting the key icon is supposed to provide an interface that enables you to change the password preserved on the server.  If that is not working, I suggest deactivating the Online Services of all of the registers associated with financial institution account.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the registers associated with the financial institution, when you activate the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide a list of all of the accounts it finds at the financial institution and enable you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure you have the full path to doing this:
    Tools -> One Step Update... -> if you having already logged, login and then select Settings -> click on gold key by the financial institution name:

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.