Unable to open Quicken 2016 Premier

Dear Quicken Community,

Kaspersky web anti-virus blocked qw.exe on 30Apr2021; I cannot open Quicken since.
"ssl connection with invalid certificate detected" (qw201618.4mpatch(1).exe)

When I click the Quicken icon, it wants to open but quickly disappears.

I spoke to Kaspersky today, they removed the program, but I could still not open Quicken. So according to them it is not Kaspersky related, although in my opinion it is Kaspersky triggered. I do not use Quicken online, therefore I still use the old 2016 Quicken Premier.

Any thoughts on how I can possibly open the Quicken program=my lifeline and brain since 1997?

I have not reinstalled the program as will have to search the house to find the CD...
Your help is most welcome-thank you

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I would try is uninstalling and installing again using this procedure (use the second part where you remove the folders):
    Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows

It might also be that Kaspersky put something in your Windows firewall that is blocking Quicken from accessing the Internet.  When Kaspersky was removed it didn't return the Windows firewall settings to their original settings.

Try turning off the Windows firewall and see if that makes a difference.
    Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security -> Firewall & network protection -> Private network -> Off

If that works maybe try:
    Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security -> Firewall & network protection -> Allow an app through firewall

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.