Is there a syncing issue with Xfinity?

My bill arrived days ago by email and in my bill payer's website (Paytrust) but doesn't show up in my list of payees in Quicken. Other online bills have worked okay so far. I've refreshed it directly a few times, but nothing.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @kkineta

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile and I do not see an Xfinity bill listed. I would recommend validating the online billler. Please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and choose the "Gear" icon.

Then choose "Validate Online Billers" does this return any messages? Is the bill still listed in Quicken or has it been removed? Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited May 6
    Deleted
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited May 6
    Ack. So I took your advice. I got a message that said '4 local bills are missing from server'. Now my bills are a mess again. Is there some kind of trick to adding billers or is this just super unstable? It's tiresome adding the same info over and over.

Also, for what it's worth, Xfinity isn't one of the billers that disappeared.

Edit - I tried restoring a backup to before I took this advice and now it's even more of a mess. All but two of the billers I added are gone in the backup from yesterday. Adding all of them back, looking up the login info ect. is tedious. Some of the bills that disappeared had actually been working - fetching bills that were due. So why would *those* bills disappear when validating?
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    Can you clarify what you mean by this "I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile" ?

Also, would you mind explaining what 'Validate Online Biller' does? When I did that before it seemed to seriously mess up all my set up online bills and I've be wary of doing that again. In fact it was the main reason I cancelled the Bill Manager add on, it messed things up so badly I couldn't remove scheduled payments or get my paying accounts to work again.
  • kkineta
    kkineta Member ✭✭
    edited May 6
    When I added my billers I went through all the steps shown in the tutorial video. Stuff got horribly messed up after 'validating' and updating. I ended up contacting Support and they walked me through the steps again which were the exact same steps I'd gone though previously. It seemed like things were stable until I did the 'validate' thing a few minutes ago on your advice. Now everything but a manually added reminder and a single online bill are left. I'm feeling kind of annoyed right now. I've asked this a couple times on this forum and never got an answer - what does the validation thing do, apart from nuking the data?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @kkineta

Thank you for the response and the additional details. To answer your question. First, the online biller profile is the online portion of the bill.

When a bill is added to a file, we can view the dataset and locate the bill to look for any errors. In this case, there was no listing for Xfinity.

The validate online billers refreshes and resolves any sync issues between what is showing in the file and the online biller profile.

I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~