can I avoid the request to log into Quicken after I've opened the data file?

I enter all my data manually, never download from online. Every time I need to log in quickly just to check a balance in my data file, it takes forever to open the program because it wants me to also log in to Quicken online. Can I set my app to not try to login to Quicken when I log in to the app?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short answer is no.

You can create an outbound rule for the qw.exe and QuickenPatch.exe programs in the Windows firewall to block most of the requests but eventually Quicken will require you authenticate the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One of the "great mysteries" I find about Quicken's "login/license check" is that some people report that they have log in all the time.  I never have to (I can even create new data file without logging in).  I logged in once and short of uninstalling and reinstalling I never have to log in again.  Maybe it is the fact that I use Quicken on a daily basis and that "keeps it active".

But I even have two data files, one for testing things like sync to Mobile/Web that I would never do in my main data file, and I switch between them all the time without having to log in.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/