Where does Quicken obtain information to display lowest forecast balance in the bills and income rem

I have, off and on, over the past year or so, tried to learn where Quicken got the information to calculate the lowest balance forecast.  The number that I get does not  (even remotely) correspond to any one or group of accounts.  I believe I posted this question before sometime ago and did not get any answers.  So, here it is again.  Anyone know?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    The lowest forecast balance projection appears to be based on the existing and scheduled transactions over the specified date range in the selected spending accounts.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    My lowest forecast balance shows negative by several thousand dollars (varies based on the date range used) while the net of the balance of spending accounts (including forecast) exceeds the sum of all of payables by several thousands of dollars.  In short, I can't make it add up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    My lowest forecast balance shows negative by several thousand dollars (varies based on the date range used) while the net of the balance of spending accounts (including forecast) exceeds the sum of all of payables by several thousands of dollars.  In short, I can't make it add up.
    It's working perfectly for us.   It's the lowest net balance of the selected spending accounts.  If it doesn't add up, perhaps there is some other problem you need to address.  I suggest you compare the balances of the accounts on the graph view.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    That is what I have been trying to do.  Problem is I don't know the methodology for creating the number.  I have over 30 years of quicken data.  Not knowing the  methodology makes it very hard to find where an error may be hiding.  All my accounts are showing correct balances.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what I have been trying to do.  Problem is I don't know the methodology for creating the number.  I have over 30 years of quicken data.  Not knowing the  methodology makes it very hard to find where an error may be hiding.  All my accounts are showing correct balances.  
    What happens if you select one spending account?  Is the lowest forecasted balance correct?
    What happens if you select two spending accounts?  Is the lowest forecasted balance correct?

From what I can deduce, Quicken appears to be comparing the total of the projected balances of the selected spending accounts on each day of the date range and presenting the lowest total.  It's easy to see it on the graph.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    OK - tell me how you select the spending accounts
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    OK - tell me how you select the spending accounts
    I use the For account pull-down menu that appears when we check Show graph on the Bill and Income Reminders item of the Home view.
This discussion has been closed.