billers disappearing

I have Quicken Premium Ver 33.19 Build 27.1.33.19. I manage my bills in Quicken however, I do not use Quick Pay I do all bill paying manually through the billers website. When I go to Bills and Income I usually go to Manage Manual Bills and Income and enter transactions on that screen, but I have at times done the same thing in the Bills and Income screen, the pop-ups appear the same. There are bills that just poof, disappear for the upcoming month but generally still appear on the subsequent month, i.e. I pay gas bill for May in May, payment shows in the payment account (checking) and in both Bill Tabs but the June bill that should be listed in both Bills and Income and Manual Bills tab is gone but is there in July. There is no one bill that is consistent or any indication which screen I "Enter" the Bill payment as the culprit it just happens. I paid property taxes and it doesn't show in the Manage Manual Bills and Income as Paid in that Month but in the Bills and Income Tab the next payment date is 3-months from the date paid. Hope this is clear and there is enough information, I appreciate any input and/or direction. Thanks everyone! :)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @leggo

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

Reminders/Bills being skipped has been an intermittent issue that has been difficult to reproduce in-house. If you like to contribute to the investigation of this issue, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit a report.

Please include a sanitized data file in this report. A sanitized file removes all personal details. However, you may also submit and complete data file through this method and this would be more helpful in recreating the issue. 

If you would like to contribute, please let me know once the report has been sent so that it may be retrieved and forward to the proper channel.
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

I just sent the files please provide any updates. I tried responding directly to your email but it came back as undeliverable? Hope you find the issue. Thank you.

Diane
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka, has there been any progress or movement at all on this issue? did the files i sent help in any way?
    thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @leggo

Thank you for the response and for following up. I have a few additional questions to help us locate the issue in the sanitized data file.

Can you please verify the date and amount of the last payment and the amount/date for the "skipped" payment so we can see which payment is being skipped?

You can also provide a screenshot here if that is helpful in displaying the issue. To share the screenshot you can drag the image to the comment box to share it with the community. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

The missing bills have varied over time, PSEG seems to be the most persistent. For instance PSEG isn't in my June 2021 reminders but is in my July 2021 reminders and all subsequent 2021 months. It wasn't in my May 2021 reminder list either. What I believe might be happening is when I pay missing reminders they disappear from the next month. I'll be paying my PSEG in a week or so I'll let you know if what I've said happens.

I have tried to "unlink" (the bills I can link) to the biller then close quicken, shutdown the PC restart and "relink" to see if that resolves the problem. It didn't.

While I don't have a time line on when this began I never recall having this issue I reached out when it became annoying, it's almost like it was caused by an update?

Hope this helps,

Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @leggo

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have a few more questions to isolate the issue further, what is the frequency of the PSEG bill? When is this supposed to be paid, is this monthly or something else?

Do you use the mobile or web app at all? If not, can you confirm if the option to sync to the mobile/ web is on? To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle.  

Please let me know so we can investigate this further.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    HI Tyka,

It’s a monthly bill, due the 21st of each month I generally pay it 5-7 days early, please understand this issue has occurred with other bills too PSEG just seems to be the most persistent.

I do not use the Mobile or Web app never have. I checked and it is currently not enabled and never has been so not sure why this problem arose versus not having always been there. I checked the FAQ in Help and it stated:

A Quicken Cloud account is automatically created when you create a Quicken ID, but you do not have to use it.

Since I’m not crazy about Cloud storage I never utilized it and it doesn’t seem it is required for the software to work, so for now I’ve left it Not Enabled.

I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for the quick reply.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @leggo

Thank you for providing those additional details.  I have been working with Tyka on this matter and was able to pinpoint the PSEG reminder in the provided sanitized file and see it "skipped" for June.

However, when I look at the reminder for July, it shows a 0.00 amount and was curious if this or any of the other disappearing reminders are connected to the Online Billers?  

I know you do not use Quick Pay, but do you have the reminders connected to the Online Bill to automatically update the amounts and due dates?

Or, are these all manual reminders that were created for 0.00 amounts, and you manually enter the payment amount when entering the reminder?

I'm just trying to better understand your process and how these disappearing or skipped reminders were created originally.

We appreciate your continued assistance in diagnosing this issue and look forward to your response.

Sarah
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah,

Yes, there are other bills disappearing that are connected to Online billers the PSEG was just an example as it appears to me to be the more persistent one but not the only one. Yes I have all my bills set up to update from Online Billers with amounts and due dates, PSEG being one of those. All my bills are also in the Manage Manual Bills and Income tab.

My Water bill is quarterly, it too is set up with Online billets. I have my reminders set up to remind me every three months. This bill is due this month it appears on the Bills & Income tab and it updated to the correct amount for this quarter and it also was in my Manage Manual Bills and Income tab as well for June 2021 with the correctly updated amount. It is, however missing from my next quarter due date in September 2021 in Manage Manual Bills and Income but does appear in December 2021 as a reminder in Manage Manual Bills and Income with a zero balance. I paid this bill (water) today for June 2021 afterwards I backed up Quicken shut down the computer and restarted a few hours later and it still is absent from September 2021 but remained in December 2021 as a reminder.

Thank you both for your work, I look forward to hearing from you.
  • leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah and Tyka,

I paid the PSEG bill that was missing in June 2021 but did appear the rest of the 2021 reminders. I paid through the Bills and Income tab hit "Enter" and the usual pop up showed. I've attached a screen shot showing the due date referencing July ( I guess since there was no June reminder?) which I changed to the June 2021 payment date and now the bill is gone from July 2021 but remains for the rest of the year reminders. Previously I've unlinked this bill, removed the reminder and then re-added it but that didn't resolve the problem the issue occurred again. Should I unlink remove and re-add again? Is there another tact I should try?

Thanks again for your help and input.