my memorized split transactions have disappeared

My memorized split transactions have disappeared on all my accounts. How do I get them back?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need some more information:

Are these transactions that are already entered in your account registers, or are you talking about the Memorized Transaction List?

Is the entire transaction gone, or just the split information?

Are transactions without splits not affected? 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • lengr
    lengr Member ✭✭
    The transactions are entered into the account registers from my savings, credit cards and checking accounts. It takes the first category on the register and puts the total of all the splits on that line. The transactions without splits are not affected.

Thank you for your quick response. I look forward to get this problem solved. I have been a Quicken user for over 30 years and I believe this happened many years ago.

Len K Greenwood Jr
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @lengr

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that you've lost all the information. I'm wondering here if the memorized payee list might be full or if it might have to do with the file. One thing we can attempt here to start off is to try loading a recent backup to see if a similar issue exists as well. I'll leave instructions down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've had the chance to load the backup let us know if you're able to properly load your memorized payees in there. We'll see what we can find next afterwards.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• lengr
    lengr Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco
    I have been restoring many dates since yesterday. There is nothing in the Memorized payee list at all. I did notice that my split transactions are okay through backup of February 26,2021. However when I restore a March backup some of those same transaction are now missing the splits. Go figure! My back-up of yesterday just shows (1) transaction in the Memorized payee list. The transactions that I corrected on my most recent file still contain the splits. I have not synced to the cloud yesterday, if that has something to do with it. I'm going to go ahead and balance my accounts, I hope this is okay. I can't afford to get behind, especially since this problem started. Your quick remedy to this problem will be appreciated.

Thank you
    Len K Greenwood Jr
  • lengr
    lengr Member ✭✭
    Quicken Solver-This problem has not gone away! I went ahead and balanced one of my credit cards and it was off balance by $943.41. This is the first time a credit card has not balanced. I then made an adjustment for that amount. I then balanced my checking account and would you not believe, it was was off by the same exact amount. How does that even happen! A credit card and a checking account. Since I'm getting a little impatient is it possible to send a couple of data files, so you can look at first hand. I'm getting very far behind and getting a little discouraged with Quicken. First time in over 30 years. Another way would be to dial into my system and look at my file from your end. What ever is easier for you. My Memorized List as no transactions in it. Is that normal? Ran a restore from last year and it was also empty. Is that normal?

Hopefully, we can get this problem resolved quickly.

Thank you
    Len K Greenwood Jr
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lengr

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue and may offer a quicker resolution than the Community.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mdbusapp
    mdbusapp Member
    Having the same problem with splits disappearing and the entire net transaction is posted to just one category. Using a backup isn't a solution since I'd lose every transaction I've posted since then. I'm now editing transactions going back 3 years to restore the data.
  • lengr
    lengr Member ✭✭
    Exact same problem! Did you ever get an answer as to how we correct this problem. I have, so far went back several months. It is taken a long time. Also, should my Memorized Payee List be blank?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Silvio Romero
    Silvio Romero Member
    We are having the same issue, and it has gotten worse. We have been complaining about this since Quicken 16 died and we went to the subscription service. Recurring deposits [my retirement and SSA retirement payments] have splits for FIT purposes. The deposits change once a year if there is a COLA or a change in the FIT deduction rates. We [my wife keeps the books] have had to manually adjust the splits in each one of the deposits every time. Quicken does not remember things as it used to. Another related peeve is that it insist on posting payments to a closed account.