My vanguard account will not update

My vanguard account will not update. I called support and they were not able to correct by deactivating and adding VANGUARD. It says Error in Communication: Not your fault. this has been going on since monday 3 of May

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @jmgrph

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you're experiencing with is with a direct connect account I'm wondering if something may be blocking aggregation to their server causing the issue. I'd recommend contacting Vanguard support to see if that may be the case here. I'll leave their link down below so you can find a time that works best and their phone number as well.

https://about.vanguard.com/contact-us.html

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jmgrph

Are you getting any error codes?  How do you connect to Vanguard (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect)?

Gat back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jmgrph
    jmgrph Member
    FrankX answered my question with a question. I used Direct Connect-- in the Quicken platform
  • jmgrph
    jmgrph Member
    I used Direct Connect, Frank
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @jmgrph,

Okay - not sure if you are getting error codes, but can you tell us exactly what happens when you try to connect to Vanguard?  Does Quicken complete the "process" but not show any new transactions? Does it get "hung-up" such that you need to close out from Quicken and restart?  Any additional information will be helpful (including error codes or a description of exactly what you are seeing).

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @jmgrph

Are you still experiencing this trouble or were you able to connect to Vanguard? If you are still needing assistance, please provide any error messages you are receiving as well as steps you have tried.

Please let us know where you are so we can get this resolved!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jmgrph
    jmgrph Member
    I called quicken support with all the details. Even tried to add new account under vanguard. and it says unable to add acccount-its not your fault and asks to try again
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @jmgrph

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you're experiencing with is with a direct connect account I'm wondering if something may be blocking aggregation to their server causing the issue. I'd recommend contacting Vanguard support to see if that may be the case here. I'll leave their link down below so you can find a time that works best and their phone number as well.

https://about.vanguard.com/contact-us.html

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco