Opening Amount Adjustment

I am trying to do the reconciliation for the month of April with paper statement, as usual, and I realized that the opening the previous balance is off. Then I realized that there is one deposit that wasn't able to import it to Quicken from my Bank online, ever, so I needed to key-in manually. After I did it, Quicken told me to make the opening amount adjustment by the end of the reconciliation.
That deposit amount was somehow added to previous balance, that's why the precious balance was off when I tempted to reconcile the account. There is no transaction for the deposit on Quicken whatsoever.
Is there anyway that I can make the book look right again?
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.