Mortgage next payment and loan maturity changing 1 month earlier when enter payment date prior to cu

I have Quicken Home Business & Rental Property Windows Subscription.

I have a manually entered mortgage. When I enter the next payment with an actual payment date prior to the scheduled date in the schedule, then following payment shifts one month earlier. And the maturity date changes to one month earlier. An example, the next payment date in the schedule is 6/1, and I make and enter this payment prior to 6/1, say 5/12, then the loan changes shifting the payment which is 7/1 to 6/1 (shifting all future payments one month earlier and the maturity date changes from, in my case, March 2051 to February 2051. I even tried entering the payment with the future date of 6/1 and everything with the loan remained correct, ie. the following payment in the schedule remained as 7/1 and the maturity date did not change. Then I edit the payment date to 5/12 and everything shifts one month earlier. I did not have this problem a year ago with a mortgage in Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gspillman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~