Reconcile Accounts

I have two accounts that will not reconcile. It accepts all the transactions and puts a "C" in the column and goes through the action of reconciling but it does not put in the "R". This has been going on for 3 weeks.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What is the Account Type (Cash, Checking, etc.)?
    Are you sure that you are reconciling or are you just accepting downloaded transactions?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do these accounts normally reconcile automatically at the end of each download session and now they do not?

If that is the case, this is controlled by the "Reconcile using online balance" checkbox on the Account details > Online Services tab. Perhaps this became un-checked somehow.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Basenji
    Tom Basenji Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR, here is the following information. I have Quicken for Windows, Version Premier/Version R33.19/Build 27.1.33.19/ Windows Home/Version 20H2 OS build 19042.985/Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. The issue has happened in one Banking account Checking and one on a credit card. I use one-step update to do my Reconciliation and hit ok. I have been a Quicken user since they stating selling software and have been a beta tester. It is weird how it just started to happen. My other accounts so far are fine. Tom
  • Tom Basenji
    Tom Basenji Member ✭✭
    Hi Jim, I notice today that after I do the update and reconcile those accounts ("C" in the column), it tells me the following "There are no uncleared items to reconcile ."
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Lately there have been many reports that the Online Balance/Online Balance date for Express Web Connect accounts aren't getting updates properly.  As such the Online Balance date is in the past.  As such even though you have transaction in the register they are after that date and as such when reconciling to the Online Balance they will not be in the reconcile.

One workaround suggested is to go to the account and do a Update Now, which seems to get the correct Online Balance/date.  The other would be to switch to reconciling to "paper statement" where you can put in the correct date/balance.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/