Endless Attempts to Synchronize

Almost without exception, every attempt to synchronize with a financial institution under the new "clearinghouse" regiment have failed. Quicken ends up simply looping through whatever half-wit attempts it is making to update the downloaded transaction. At minimum, I would expect a graceful failure message after a dozen failed attempts to update. The only way out is to kill the process using Task Manager. On the other hand if I go to the institution site and download the QFX files, they import fine and update immediately. The new "clearinghouse" strategy has been off since day one and simply continues to keep failing in a spectacular fashion. Quicken Deluxe R32.12 Build 21.1.32.12 Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.1082

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jskach

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to the above I recommend the following:
    If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems