Crashing on banking update: R33.19 from the Most recent download 5/14/21 12PM

Problem I'm still having is that on contacting the bank or banks (either way i.e. one or all) for the banking update. The program suddenly closes and crashes. There is nothing more than a problem report window that pops up. I've only sent that back to you half the time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the full quicken program from the download today to try to solve the problem. (3x) The program says it is the most up to date, so there are not any patches. Restarting windows repeatedly before and after trying the new download did not make any difference in this issue.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @FireMist

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble. 

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • FireMist
    FireMist Member ✭✭
    Ok, did that twice now.......
    It is still doing it... still crashing on banking updates.

If I download the Q file from the banks, I can update by uploading them manually without it crashing.
    But then, what is the sense of that? I can use the old Money program, or Excel for that.
    Quicken is useless to me for handing my personal accounting without the feature of it updating the bank account data on command.
  • FireMist
    FireMist Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > ........
    >  I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > ..............
    > Please let us know what you find!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

It does work on one credit union it seems. But USBank and Chase...others. It crashes. But, that worked yesterday before I started posting/reporting the issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @FireMist

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

I would next recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • FireMist
    FireMist Member ✭✭
    Like I said... signed in and out, rebooted, reloaded....then per your suggestion did validate and repair....each several times......No, that does not work. Quicken is screwed up. I'm looking for other software.
  • FireMist
    FireMist Member ✭✭
    edited May 21
    I've given it a couple days doing all the steps suggested above. I'm done.
    [removed - no soliciting/rant/disruptive]