Mutual Fund prices not downloading

Quicken for Windows 10 (Canada)
Year: 2020 Version: R32.10 Build: 27.1.32.10 Edition: Canada
Browser: Firefox version 84.0.1 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Home Version:10.0.19041.964

Price quotes for mutual funds HKB518 and HKB7518 not downloading. Last successful download occurred 2020-08-31, From security view, tried 'update' as well as 'download historical prices' in more tab but no change. When trying 'download historical prices', the get historical prices pop-up does not list the mutual funds, therefore, how can it be updated?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Michael 49

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the security details may need to be updated and that might be the cause. While it's not a very common one it may just need to be updated. I would recommend taking a look online to see if there's any symbols that it may show up under as well. You can edit the security by clicking the "edit details" button in the security view area. 

Once you've had a chance let us know if you are are to find any additional information or get it updating. If not we'll try seeing what else we may be able to find to get the funds updated.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Francisco,

When I enter 'H' in 'symbol lookup' , 334 mutual funds are listed, but not HKB518/HKB7518. It appears that security lookup is skewed to US stocks and mutual funds with the occasional Canadian security. Prior to 2020/08/31, price history shows daily quotes were downloaded, but not since then. The mutual fund symbol is correct and daily quotes are available in the Globe and Mail website:
    HKB7518: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/HKB7518.CF/performance
    HKB518: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/funds/HKB518.CF/performance

Why are they dropped for Quicken download?
  • Catherinewheel
    Catherinewheel Member ✭✭
    Michael I bought HKB505 in the fall of 2020 and have not been able to to download it either. When I looked into it none of the HSBC funds are available through the Quicken download. As it turns out Quicken uses Cannex to source the fund prices. I contacted Cannex and was told that HKB funds are no longer tracked by Cannex. They didn't say why. I just manually input from Globe and Mail periodically. If you want detailed pricing you could download the prices from Globe and Mail and import a csv file to Quicken.
  • Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Hi Catherine,
    Thanks for the info. I'm still upset with Quicken going to a yearly subscription from a 3 year renewal. I don't want to now spend more money to subscribe to the Globe and Mail to download he quotes. Looks like manual input is the only alternative left.
  • Michael 49
    Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    WHY ARE NONE OF THE HSBC FUNDS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH THE QUICKEN DOWNLOAD??