Update Changed Backup Preferences R32.10 Canada

This discussion was created from comments split from: R32.10 - Update Changed Backup Preferences to "0" (Q Win US).

Comments

• Peculiar_Investor
    Peculiar_Investor Member ✭✭
    > @jimshu1 said:
    > I have my "Manual backup reminder" set to remind me after running Quicken "1" time. So, each day when I exit Q, I get the prompt to backup to my chosen location.
    >
    >
    > During a One-Step update today, I got the prompt that an update was available. I went ahead and installed it. No problems. Upon exiting Quicken later, it just closed. No prompt for a backup. I started it up again and exited. Again, no backup prompt.
    >
    >
    > I opened Quicken again and checked the backup preference. It was now set to "0". I changed it back to "1" and it worked like I wanted. I have not gone through the dozens of other preference settings yet to see if anything else was changed. Luckily, I keep a Word.docx with screenshots of all of my preference settings.
    >
    >
    > My point in posting is that this is the first update ever where I knew it changed a preference(s) setting.

I just discovered this as well, using Quicken Canada Version R32.10. I have two different data files and on both the Manual backup reminder was changed during the latest update. I was wondering why I wasn't getting prompted periodically to backup my files to my NAS.

The Quicken update had reset my preference for Manual backup reminder to 0 without my knowledge. That is unacceptable IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.